Payments Software Product Owner
Company Apply Now
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Owner to join the team developing our ground-breaking real-time payments processing engine IPF (Instant Payments Framework). We need someone with a detailed real-world understanding of retail payment systems gained in a bank or similar financial institution. Experience with instant payments is highly desirable. Candidates will likely have a background in Business Analysis.
The Product Owner will work in the Product Team and will take ownership of specific features of the product. Defining the required functionality will involve liaison with end users, CSMs, and other 3rd parties, so the candidate must be client-facing with excellent communication skills.
This is a hands-on role in a fast-moving environment, and the candidate must demonstrate initiative and drive while also remaining a team player. The Product Owner will be interacting with developers on a day to day basis, so a good grasp of technology and the development process is important. The product is a back office system and the emphasis will be on excellence of execution, rather than UX.
- Take product features agreed with the Chief Product Officer, and break down into Epics and User Stories
- Prioritise Epics and Stories, taking into account business value and dependencies.
- Work closely with the development team to explain and elaborate stories, and ensure that the acceptance criteria are clearly and unambiguously stated
- Support the team through development, providing domain expertise as required
- Detailed practical experience of multiple retail Payment Schemes – SCT Inst, SEPA, FPS, RTGS etc. Understanding of message flows, reconciliation, settlement, exception handling.
- Good understanding of the business processes required to support payment processing, such as investigations, repairs, sanctions checking, liquidity management
- Awareness of industry initiatives impacting the Payments environment
- Use of UML diagrams including Sequence Diagrams and State Diagrams using a modelling tool (or Visio)
- Creation and elaboration of User Stories using industry best practices
- Experience of working in a Kanban or Scrum software development environment, always focusing on delivery of business value
- Excellent analytical skills and a passion for the detail – the candidate must demonstrate an ability to logically divide up a problem, identify and resolve contradictions and ambiguities
- Takes responsibility for successful implementation of owned features, tracking progress and maintaining excellent communications between Product and IT.
- Job Location: Wimbledon, London SW19
- Salary: Competitve Base + 20% bonus + 10% pension
- Travel Profile: Potential for occasional travel to client meetings
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in the European Union and will be required to partake in pre-employment background checking
About Icon Solutions........
Icon Solutions is a leading FinTech solutions company. Icon provides institutions with faster and more cost-effective access to instant payments through an advanced and highly flexible software framework seamlessly integrated with core and back-office banking applications. Purpose-built to address the exploding demand for instant payment and PSD2 support, Icon’s product, IPF (Instant Payments Framework) represents the cutting edge of payments technology. It leverages the power of open source frameworks to deliver a unique blend of performance, resilience and flexibility at an attractive price point.