Rental Sales Rep - Kansas City, MO
Secure profitable rental of new and used machines and allied products to all customers and markets within a defined territory.
All essential functions, duties, and other responsibilities will be performed following safety guidelines/practices and be in support of the Company’s Mission, Vision, and Principles Statements and will include the following:
- Obtain a satisfactory amount of market share and profitability through rentals of all products within the Allied products and specified Caterpillar offered through the Cat Rental Store to all markets.
- Remain current on new Caterpillar and allied equipment, as well as competitive product lines.
- Use Dodge, PEC and REED reports to identify upcoming jobsite locations, job scope, general contractor and sub lists.
- Develop an understanding of the various phases of different forms of construction to be able to identify the timing of different equipment needs on a construction project.
- Manage sales territory in the most efficient manner by analyzing, planning and controlling the market objectives and sales opportunities with a plan of accomplishment.
- Maximize sales in assigned territory through complete and timely sales coverage of all customers/prospects, analyzing sales opportunities, solving customer problems, and assisting sales promotion.
- Have a complete understanding of all rental competitors within assigned territory to include market awareness of the competitive rate structure and equipment offerings.
- Establish a working, professional, positive relationship with all customers.
- Operate and demonstrate equipment.
- Communicate with sales management and support personnel to maximize efficiency, communicating needs for sales transactions and changes in the markets served.
- Develop quotes, prices, and credit terms and prepare contracts.
- Manage expenses related to sales activities. Submit expenses, and expense reports, on a timely basis. Practice expense control.
- Make credit collection calls on request.
- Utilize CRM.
- Attend, and participate in, all sales meetings, trade shows, and required training.
- Travel as needed throughout territory and elsewhere.
- Ability to write and complete sales order materials. - Ability to effectively communicate. - Strong computer skills and the ability to learn to effectively use company software – with training. - Ability to be confident in sales presentation and to make cold sales calls. - Positive customer service. - Understanding of the inner workings of the company; ability to answer sales-related questions asked by customers, Caterpillar, and other company personnel. - A thorough understanding of the terminology related to the products and services that the company sells. - Familiarity with assigned equipment market – and its uses and industry needs. - Strong knowledge of assigned industry. - Familiarity with forecasting, ordering, inventories control and terms management. - Strong motivation and self-starting initiative is required.
- High School diploma required.
- Some post high school education or college degree preferred.
- Prior external sales experience, preferably within the construction industry.
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity