Rental Sales Manager (East) - Kansas City
Management of all facets of Rental sales. Directs activities of all personnel involved in Rental sales.
All essential functions, duties, and other responsibilities will be performed following safety guidelines/practices and be in support of the Company’s Mission, Vision, and Principles Statements and will include the following:
This position may involve knowledge of confidential information. Such information will be handled with the utmost discretion.
- Direct and assist Rental sales force.
- Identify Rental markets and equipment needs for those markets.
- Manage proper inventories for those markets and proper turnover to ensure profitability.
- Direct the development of the Rental marketing plan and assist with sales forecasts.
- Direct the development and implementation of Rental sales policies.
- Work with the Parts and Service departments to ensure proper support of Rental equipment.
- Prepare and manage budgets; manage and monitor all expenses and approve/disapprove Rental sales personnel’s and departmental expenses.
- Assist in development and implementation of strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Assist the Rental sales force with trade values, and pricing of new and used inventory.
- Plan and assign training and follow-up on Rental issues.
- Manage Rental sales rep. performance on the following (this is not an exhaustive list): rep behaviors, rep attitude, rep technique, territory and opportunity coverage, profitability, sales volume, account coverage, new account generation, CRM use, overall performance, etc.
- Ability to write and prepare sales materials, reports, correspondence, etc. - Strong computer skills and the ability to learn to effectively use company software – with training. - Ability to positively motivate and manage others. - Understanding of the inner workings of the company, and can answer sales-related questions asked by customers, Caterpillar, and other company personnel. - A thorough understanding of the terminology related to the products and services that the company sells. - A thorough understanding of warranty administration and Caterpillar insurance. - High level of competency in the application of Caterpillar and District programs. - Familiarity with Rental equipment market, its uses, and industry needs. - Strong knowledge of construction industry. - Familiarity with forecasting, ordering, inventories control and terms management. - Excellent customer relations skills. - Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of two to four years prior sales and/or sales management experience.
- Prefer experience in heavy equipment sales or rental sales.
- Experience in inventory control, forecasting, ordering, and terms management.
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity