Doherty Staffing Solutions
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Doherty Top Talent is currently partnering with an industrial equipment provider located near Edina, MN. We are seeking an Accountant who will be responsible for preparing, examining, and analyzing accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards in addition to ensuring the smooth progress of day to day financial activities in support of these affiliated companies, their suppliers and customers. This is a direct hire opportunity. Compensation for this position is $70,000 annual salary.
• Perform AP and AR duties - processing of invoices, managing accounts, aged debtor's reports, month end reconciliations, setting and monitoring credit terms etc.
• Assist with the preparation of weekly/monthly financial reports
• Liaise with Inter Company debtors and creditors
• Maintain B/S schedules and registers
• Expense report monitoring and maintenance for IPD Field Service team
• Track and monitor commission payments to sales team based upon shipments
• Develop, implement and maintain Internal Controls procedures
• Maintain inventory controls and supervision of inventory counts including cycle counts
• Create and process manufacturing orders
• Preparation of Budgets, Cash Flows, Forecasts and Ad hoc reports
• Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements related to Taxation (Corporate, Payroll and Sales), Government Statistical Returns, Companies Registrar and Auditors and any other current and future requirements
• Reporting of key cost drivers (Material, Labor, Scrap, Absorption Rates) including cost variances
• Monitor purchasing to ensure that spend is within budget and report variances from budget
• Purchase order processing for production and R&D components
• Various ad-hoc work assignments or special projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A bachelor's degree in Accounting.
• Minimum of two (2) years accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience of working with financial software packages.
• Knowledge of ERP Systems with experience of Great Plains software.
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
• Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
• Effective oral and written communication. Evidence of the practice of a high level of
confidentiality. Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Must possess the ability to learn the computer system and work with company enterprise
To apply for the Accountant position, please click Apply Now and complete our online application. For questions or further information about the Accountant position, please call your closest Doherty Top Talent office or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- • Brooklyn Park: 952-715-5200
• Edina: 952-832-8363
• Minneapolis: 612-208-1611
• Roseville: 651-489-5000
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app