Project Coordinators in Port Washington
Are you an organized Project Coordinator with excellent customer service skills? Then this might be the perfect job for you.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized with the ability to multi-task and work independently, completing tasks with accuracy and attention to detail with also being adept at working with both people and technology via electronic, telephone, and in-person communications.
- Provides a variety of basic to moderately complex administrative support, which includes but is not limited to reception, schedule planning and coordination, word processing, document distribution and development, and file maintenance. Relieves the department leadership and other staff of administrative details using judgment and discretion to solve office problems, and plan/expedite workflow in the office.
- Schedules, maintains, and prioritizes a calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel. Plans and organizes the administrative aspects such as agenda preparation, meeting room reservations, audio-visual arrangements, and document development.
- Performs a variety of routine and moderately complex word procession such as creating/drafting correspondence, memos, and documents from rough draft or under verbal instruction. Makes decisions on format and layout and edits for accuracy and consistency of data. Compiles supportive graphics, reports, or statistical data.
- Creates reports under general instruction and displays data to support needs, generates existing reports, and distributes reports as needed.
- Establishes and maintains filing systems for records, files, and documentation. Maintains confidential materials and records.
- Facilitates interdepartmental communication through ability to retain and recall information discussed in meetings.
- Serves as a back-up for Reception. Answers, screens, and initiates telephone calls and greets visitors providing procedural information and answering inquiries. Solves problems and prioritizes accordingly by interpreting internal policies and procedures.
- Serve as back-up to Executive Assistant.
- Completes other assignments of increasing responsibility assisting multiple departments, as growth occurs
- Maintains and promotes strong work ethics and uphold all company policies and procedures.
- Requires a High School Diploma. Associate’s degree is preferred.
- Requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret business information, journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with information.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to write reports and findings and present to all levels of management in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong project management skills; Excellent multi-tasking skills along with ability to perform well under pressure while maintaining composure and respect for everyone.
- Exceptional organizational skills, along with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer relationship, management experience and a strong ability to solve complex problems effectively to meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
- Strong mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference as well as the ability to apply such concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Demonstrated excellence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point) and Google suite, experience with Microsoft Project is a plus.
Staff Management | SMX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.