Fort Dearborn Company
Niles, Illinois, United States
Banking and Finance
We are searching for an experienced Plant Controller at our Niles facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Position: Plant Controller
Summary: Fort Dearborn Company is one of the largest print label manufacturers in North America and is seeking a Plant Controller for our Fountain Inn location.
The primary function of the Plant Controller is to serve as the financial leader of their respective facility, to protect the assets of Fort Dearborn Company through its finance activities and staff, and summarize & analyze business operations. The position reports to the Group Controller and acts as the financial business partner to the plant's General Manager.
Beyond the stated skills and qualifications, the successful candidate will be naturally inquisitive and have the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities; articulate and convey thoughts and ideas to multiple audiences and exude a strong sense of ownership for their plant's operations and results.
1. Perform monthly closing of financials for facility in accordance with GAAP and Company policy with full income statement & balance sheet responsibility for plant location.
2. Prepare monthly analysis of financial results including variance / bridging analysis in coordination with the GM and operational staff.
3. Conduct operational financial analysis for both corporate & operational management stakeholders.
4. Provide daily financial reporting of production and expense metrics to plant General Manager, serving as a business partner to the GM. Perform ad hoc reporting as requested from internal stakeholders.
5. Hire, train and develop staff including supervision of accounts payable, billing and receivables.
6. Maintain inventory Control, including obsolescence monitoring & inventory turn analysis.
7. Lead and prepare annual budget and monthly forecasts comparing projected results to prior year, budget and previous forecasts.
8. Fixed Assets, safeguarding & tracking.
9. Apply cost accounting review and monitor production standards
10. Taxes: Property, Sales, Accumulation of Sales Tax Exemption Certificates as required.
11. Prepare reports for regulatory agencies as required.
12. Participate in all audits as required.
13. Perform operational analysis, trend projections and forecasting vs. month budget metrics.
14. Liaison & primary communicant to corporate finance.
15. Creation of capital spending project analysis.
16. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor degree (BA/BS) with major in Accounting; minimum 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA and / or CPA a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited statistical data may exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Accounting software (Oracle preferred), Excel and Word. Additional experience with data warehouse and BI tools preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.