Machine Start-Up Lead
Are you an analytical thinker and natural problem solver? Do you have a methodical mind that requires an evidence trail?
We are looking for a Machine Start-Up Lead to be a crucial part of our custom manufacturing process.
Your typical day: This is a new role that provides autonomy and involvement in all elements of quality performance and compliance in one of a kind manufacturing environment. No one can or is willing to engineer what we do! You will plan, implement and monitor the start-up strategy for highly engineered, custom machines. You will also direct a start-up team and determine staffing and schedules to accommodate project demands, milestones and budget. We will rely on you to help establish and participate in the final validation process by doing complete mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical control system checkouts through the I/O confirmation stage. Your involvement will include interfacing with the validation engineers and assisting in the final ATP as well as being responsible for items such as GRR, QC and inspection reporting. Travel will be approximately 15%.
What we are looking for:
- Proven leadership skills, in this lead position you will required to help recruit, form, direct and mentor this new start-up group
- Minimum of 7 years in assembly, design, control or commissioning of manufacturing equipment
- Experience in developing, performing, evaluating and/or troubleshooting PLCs, HMI’s and control systems
- Experience with hydraulic/pneumatic system debug for industrial equipment
- Technical writing and documentation experience
- Experience with ISO 9001
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of an organization
- Proven leadership skills
- Willingness to work “above and beyond” in order to meet company goals
- Ability to travel approximately 15% if needed
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, International Traffic in Arms Regulations require that applicants are legally authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and do not require sponsorship for an employment visa now or in the future
RedViking is a leader in creating and deploying innovative engineered solutions for those who pursue world class manufacturing. More than controls for over 30 years, RedViking offers leading edge test systems, complete systems integration, project management, engineering design and machine build services to help companies realize productivity gains and improve the quality of their manufactured products. Check us out at RedViking.com
Best and Brightest in Wellness Winner!
Crain's Cool Places to Work Winner!
Engineering Leaders < 40!
We take care of our employees! We offer excellent insurance options including medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage as well as flexible health and dependent care accounts, Health Savings Accounts , 401(k) matching, generous PTO, bonus eligibility, extended hours and travel compensation, tuition reimbursement, employee referral bonus, wellness programs, and casual Fridays. We also have an on-site cafeteria, dry cleaning, workout facility with towel service and a game room.
Our employees are front and center. We have little to no turnover and attribute our ability to retain employees on a culture devoted to innovation and transparency. With regular open book and town hall meetings, our leadership makes sure that everyone is on the same page about the company’s purpose, strategy, values and goals. RedViking gives back by not only making sure manufacturing jobs stay in America but also taking care of our community with paid time off to volunteer. We balance hard work with a laid-back work environment that includes chili cook-offs, pancake breakfasts, company picnic, holiday parties, wellness programs and classes. Simply said, our employees like it here. Be a part of our winning team and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.