Sales Manager- Wire Harness Tapes- Rock Hill, S.C.
Company Apply Now
Position Summary: Under limited direction, performs duties related to the sales of wire harness tapes and its customer service in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures based on established specifications while interacting with all disciplines of the local organization and the relevant departments of the parent company. Reporting structure is listed above.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead sales activities and strategies for wire harness tapes and directly manage RFP’s/RFQs and other bidding activities, as appropriate;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customer’s relevant decision makers and drive forward new projects to assure Coroplast’s technologies are spec’d into wire harness applications in the design phase;
- Participate in price and other contract negotiations with Key Accounts and other customers and provide timely follow-up on phone calls, emails, quotations, technical inquiries, complaints, and other requests;
- Forecast levels of demand for relevant finished goods and update sales forecast on a quarterly basis;
- Provide ongoing product feedback and market updates as well as competitive analysis;
- Manage sales order specialists and customer service team, relevant agents or distributors;
- Participate in activities, trade shows, and customer product improvement reviews;
- Frequent travel may be required, weekends if necessary;
- Create and maintain timely regular reports to Management, including KPI’s, tracking of order entry and sales on a daily and monthly basis, trip/field reports and significant meeting minutes;
- Other tasks as required/assigned by the Executive Vice President or Global Director of Tape Sales.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Adaptability - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard of excellence. Recognizes and acts on opportunities. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests. Value added contributor to the management team.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor`s degree is required
- 10+ years experience in vehicle wire harness environment, additional experience in pressure sensitive adhesive and tapes is a plus
- Comprehensive sales, business development and account management skills and a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office, experience in SAP beneficial
- Exceptional negotiation capabilities combined with highly persuasive communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of flexibility and a strong sense of personal responsibility
- Proven leadership abilities
- Fluent in contract and market negotiation with customers
- Strong analytical skills and detailed orientation
- “Hands on” approach to all tasks
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and report thereon. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced level of knowledge with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Microsoft Outlook. ERP system beneficial.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise various levels of direct reports and sales order specialist team.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.