Retail Banker I #106499
Company Apply Now
Our client is in search of a Retail Banker with stellar customer service and a great personality. The candidate will serve as the front line of the Retail Branch, performing both platform and teller line duties. As a Retail Banker II there is an increased focus on exceptional service and platform sales abilities
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back and issue receipts of deposit.
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete hold notices.
- Process checking and savings withdrawals. Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification and ensure validity.
- Cashing on us checks and transit checks (understanding the difference)
- Issuing cashier checks and understanding the process, obtaining the proper approval signatures
- Identify counterfeit currency.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
- Cross-sell bank products and services.
- Accept loan payments: verify payment amount and issue receipts.
- Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
- Balance drawer daily, including periodic batching of cashed checks.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures.
- Open, close and maintain all deposit products while cross selling bank products and services based on customer needs in accordance with the banks' program standards.
- Research and resolve customer problems, acting as the customer liaison between other bank departments when necessary.
- Research customer questions regarding electronic funds transfers and initiate "Reg E" disputes when appropriate, including the completion of all necessary documents and affidavits.
- Perform customer requested research, including printing statement and check copies.
- Contact customers to obtain necessary signatures on items with missing or irregular signatures.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures, inclusive of all Retail Department specific internal procedures.
- All employees will be responsible for understanding and complying with the letter and spirit of all government regulations including, but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, that apply to the banks specific operations.
Required Education and Experience:
·High school diploma or GED
·1-2 years or more of banking experience
·Customer service experience preferred
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume (must be in .doc, docx, or pdf form).