Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Uganda
Our Engineers keep our planes flying...
Our aircraft land on some of the most challenging terrain you can imagine. Safety is key so the skill that an engineer brings to our aircraft is essential. We operate mainly Single Engine Turbine and Single Engine Piston aircraft.
If you are interested in combining your engineering skills with the opportunity for mission this could be the job for you.
Full role specification:
To perform efficient and effective maintenance and repair of aircraft and associated systems by:
Performing all work in accordance with applicable standards and practices.
Participating in team decisions and activities.
Certifying work as required
Completing all required documentation
To support the effective performance, development and training of the aviation maintenance team in co-ordination with the Chief Engineer by:
- Working with individuals to facilitate their effective performance through appropriate monitoring and support;
- Supporting progress with clear feedback, coaching, mentoring or training, as appropriate in co-operation with the Chief Engineer.
To actively participate in the Quality and Safety Management Systems by:
Seeking opportunities for continual improvement
Co-operating with Quality Audits as applicable
Utilizing the Problem Reporting system
- Using safe working practices including the use of PPE
To participate in the spiritual life of MAF by:
- Attending corporate daily meeting to hear about the work of MAF and to spend time in prayer and worship with other staff members;
- Participating in spiritual sessions of prayer and biblical reflection within the team;
- Demonstrating commitment to the vision, purpose, values and beliefs of MAF;
- Actively working and living in-accordance with the evangelical Christian beliefs of MAF;
- Maintaining your own spiritual development
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Secondary School completion certificate
ICAO Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence
- Completion of approved aircraft maintenance engineer pre-employment course
Aptitude in verbal, non-verbal, numerical and mechanical reasoning
5 years of aviation maintenance experience (can be concurrent with obtaining licence)
- Human Factors in Aviation Maintenance
There is an occupational requirement for candidates to be committed Christians, able to agree to and promote MAF's Christian beliefs and values in the UK and in overseas assignment in PNG. Staff are engaged in representing MAF at meetings and events, taking part in and leading times of devotion and worship. Staff are also required to help raise prayer and financial support for MAF's work and training and resources are provided for this througout service with MAF.
MAF is organised into different groups around the world, each recruiting from its own country. MAF UK recruits from the UK and Ireland. Candidates resident in the UK or Ireland can apply to MAF UK at; www.maf-uk.org/jobs/enquire-now
Candidates not resident in the UK or Ireland can apply via MAF International at; https://careers-mafint.icims.com/jobs/intro