Company Apply Now
Scope of Position
Attain, manage and maintain our quality management systems (QMS) and quality certifications, lead and support projects which shall improve quality of (COMPANY) made product, lead and support projects to automate quality processes by implementing the use of ERP module capabilities and or other processes, lead and support inspection functions, manage document control and revision processes, and any other functions related to maintaining or improving quality levels set by COMPANY management.
- Attain, manage and maintain our quality management systems and quality certifications, such as ISO 9001 certification, AS9100, TS16949, for COMPANY. This would require regular maintenance of the quality manual, procedures, forms, work instructions, Pareto charts, and any other controlled documents that are essential to maintaining existing and attaining new certifications, including document control and revision levels.
- Lead the process for audits by third party certifying companies for our certifications, such as ISO 9001. This includes preparing for, scheduling, hosting auditors, holding management review meetings, and leading the efforts to address any finding(s) resulting from such audits.
- Maintain an internal auditing schedule, using an outside 3rd party to perform the internal audits.
- Conduct in-process and or final inspections on parts as required.
- Facilitate any outside inspection process that is required, which could include; vendor selection, validating vendor capability, managing the vendor relationship, resolving any issues, and interpreting and approving inspection results.
- Ensure in-process inspections are adequate and performed properly by reviewing manufacturing job documentation before the parts ship and performing “spot checks” on the shop floor. Findings shall be reported at management review meetings.
- Lead efforts for rectifying quality related issues that are either identified internally, whether during in process inspections or final inspections, or externally by the customer.
- Be the single point of authority for management of non-conformances, deviation requests, RMA processing, root cause analysis, corrective actions, and similar type processes / records. To complete and close out the before mentioned in an efficient manner, the quality manager shall immediately solicit the needed input from and follow up as needed with COMPANY engineers, sales, shop personnel, management, customers, and vendors as necessary.
- Record and report key performance indicators (KPI’s) to the workforce to compile with the management system needs, utilizing COMPANY’ ERP system outputs and COMPANY’ communication boards and tools.
- Review quality requirements for customers’ orders to ensure COMPANY complies with all requirements and when requested by customers, issue a certificate of conformance (COC).
- Oversee the procedure for document control and compliance of document control procedure which includes; proper completion of documents, electronic filing, paper filing, retention, recalling, retrieving, maintaining revision levels, and general overall maintenance of records related, but not limited to; employee training, safety documentation, environmental records, drawings, continuous improvement activities, quality prevention / improvement efforts, etc.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of projects that continue efforts to shift COMPANY from segmented existing paper and electronic filing systems to one centralized electronic filing system, while remaining compliant with document retention requirements related to customer, management system, and quality certification requirements.
- Aid the plant manager by providing documentation support and guidance for COMPANY environmental and safety efforts, with IS0 14001 & OHSAS 18001 as the basis for direction, with the eventual goal of leading COMPANY to implement managements systems that are certified when management decides to start the certification process.
- Aid the plant manager by providing documentation support for COMPANY’ 5S program and by performing 5S audits.
- Maintain the gauge and inspection tool calibration program.
Mandatory Experience & Technical Knowledge Requirements
- 4 year degree in business, engineering, or science field.
- 2 years minimum experience with maintaining a quality system, document control system, and procedures.
- Ability to produce well written procedures that are technically accurate and complete yet logical and easy to understand.
- Firm understanding of ISO 9001 requirements.
- Firm understanding of configuration management practices.
- Firm understanding of GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing), how to read on drawings and inspect to.
- Knowledge of typical methods of inspection to inspect sheet metal formed parts, machined parts, and welded assemblies.
- Use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), ERP software basics, software to view drawings, CMM type software
Mandatory Soft Skills
- Highly effective communicator, both verbally and through written word.
- Strong people and leadership skills that allow one to easy manage projects, processes, issues, and schedules by gaining the willing cooperation of colleagues to lead the team to success. Colleagues are both internal and external, with external being either customers and or vendors.
- Ability to lead conversations and manage situations, with confidence to resolve quality issues, at all levels in a company from shop floor to executive leadership, at Dura and at Dura’s customers and vendors.
- Strong ability to proactively manage one’s own time to be as efficient as possible to be able to identify, prioritize, plan, and complete daily work tasks on time based on customer orders, production schedule, and procurement requirements.
- CMM experience, utilizing PC-DMIS and CAD models.
- SolidWorks experience or strong understanding of the process to generate 3D CAD models and the creating of 2D drawings from the 3D models.
- Setting up a QMS such as ISO 9001 or AS 9100.
We offer excellent compensation with benefits to include medical, dental, employer-funded 401(k) and much more! Please visit our website at www.wauseonmachine.com for information on our company. You may respond by faxing (419-337-0112), emailing your resume to the link provided or mail your resume to:
Attention: Crystal Escalera
Wauseon Machine & Mfg., Inc.
995 Enterprise Ave.
Wauseon, Ohio 43567