Tax Analyst- Part time
Company Apply Now
Reporting to the International Tax Director, based in Newbury, UK. The purpose of this role is to provide local tax support in Israel which will predominantly include VAT and withholding tax matters. The candidate will work closely with the local Finance team in the office in Yehud, Israel. The candidate will be able to work both in the office and remotely. The candidate will work to ensure opportunities to deliver value are maximised, risks are managed and all compliance obligations are dealt with. The Tax Analyst will work with various members of the Group Tax team.
The scope of the role includes: working alongside the business (predominantly the finance function, GFS and controllership) and our advisors to support with ongoing Israeli tax compliance to ensure timely filings; supporting with local tax audits and tax authority enquiries; providing day to day tax support to the business in Israel; supporting with remediation exercise following IT systems integration and; acting as an ambassador for the Tax function with the business.
- Monthly VAT reporting for multiple Israeli entities
- Liaison with Israeli VAT authorities on refunds and other issues that arise from time to time.
- Internal consultation with order management and accounts payable on VAT and WHT matters.
- Monthly withholding tax reporting for multiple Israeli entities.
- Yearly VAT and withholding tax reporting for multiple Israeli entities.
- Approving payments to the non Israeli vendors and providing instructing on applicable VAT and withholding deductions for each payment.
- Support implementation of NetSuite, including Israeli localisations issues.
- Working with internal teams and external advisors to provide business support.
- Maximising the use of indirect tax reporting and tax engine tools.
- Identifying opportunities for effective and efficient tax processes and documenting those processes.
- Assessing the impact of business and legislative change on the reporting requirements of the business.
Ad hoc advice and support
- Provide day to day support to the business (GFS and controllership) on tax matters.
- Provide accurate and timely tax advice and support with delivery and implementation of adhoc tax advisory projects in relation to a range of group wide projects.
- Support with the global roll out of group tax strategies.
- Build strong relationships within the business and be an ambassador for the tax department.
- Monitor and advise on legislation changes.
- Assist as necessary with integration of recent acquisitions.
Experience and qualifications required
- Recognize tax or accounting qualification
- The preferred candidate will have a proven track record of strong tax technical experience, with minimum 3 years’ experience of working in compliance, either as part of a compliance team within an accounting firm or in-house within industry.
- Experience of multinational transfer pricing arrangements
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and have knowledge of Financial and Operational Accounting systems. Experience with NetSuite is preferred, but not essential
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Problem-solver, with high level of enthusiasm and strong commitment to meet tight deadlines
- Good communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues/advisors in diverse locations
- Team player
***This is a part time role, reports to International Tax Director