Business Analytics Team Lead (SAP Business Warehouse Lead)
Company Apply Now
Title: Business Analytics Team Lead
Location: Arlington, VA
Type: Full-Time, Direct Placement
Relocation: Open to Relocation/Package DOE
(Unfortunately at this time, the client is unable to provide sponsorship)
About the Position:
As the Business Analytics Team Lead you will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the Nestle Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence systems (SAP Business Warehouse and Business Objects).
You will lead and conduct systems technical design, system configuration, solution testing, implementation and support as well as manage specific functional areas of the reporting and analytics applications across all Nestle business units.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage a team responsible for Business Objects, SAP Business Warehouse and business intelligence and develop project resourcing strategies.
- Anticipate and identify issues inhibiting the attainment of project goals; develop and implement corrective actions
- Supervise staff in the design, implementation and support of data warehousing and Business Objects applications.
- Provide on-going production support, regularly monitor performance and status of business applications, assist in the resolution of service desk help tickets; provide technical assistance to customers, collaborate with appropriate teams to implement and test system fixes
- Establish reporting best practices and processes to satisfy business requirements; collaborate with business users, and Nestle GLOBE colleagues to design, develop, test, train and implement process or system enhancements and production support solutions
- Ensure functionality is developed in a way that complies business requirements, established methodologies and practices
- Facilitate the creation of a high performing team environment
- 7+ years of experience developing, configuring and deploying SAP BW or business intelligence solutions required
- 3+ years of experience in leading a team required
- A minimum of two years of project management responsibility, demonstrating leadership skills and possessing a track record of managing technical staff through various life-cycle phases required
- Strong business and technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems development in Business Warehouse SAP and support technology, tools, and middleware is critical, including SAP HANA.
- Application design knowledge including data extraction, transformation and database load technology.
- Comprehensive understanding of database technologies such as Oracle and SQL Server.
- Strong application design knowledge, including key aspects of data base modeling, performance tuning, programming and batch scheduling. Knowledge of best practices for reporting ETL (extraction, transformation and loading).
- Strong analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret technical requirements and translate them into system specifications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale application development projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors