Deputy Director of Logistics with Deployment to Iraq
Deputy Director of Logistics with Deployment to Iraq
Full Time Secret Clearance Required Travel
About Caliburn International, LLC: We are a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 7,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents.
About Comprehensive Health Services, LLC (CHS): CHS, a Caliburn Company, supports the health and well-being of civilian and military workforce partners. We are one of the nation’s largest and most experienced providers of medical management services to international customers, the U.S. Government, and commercial clients. Our medical management solutions are technology-driven and grounded in best practices. We are committed to protecting employee, company, and partner information and we comply with all government and industry standards.
Deputy Director of Logistics - (CHSCORP20169)
Job Title: Deputy Director of Logistics
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Cape Canaveral, FL 32920 US (Primary) with deployment to Iraq
Education: High School Equivalent
The Deputy Director of Logistics reports to and will be supervised by the International Operations Manager and the Corporate Director of Logistics and will provide MSSI Mission Logistics Support.
The Deputy Director of Logistics will work closely with MSSI PMO, in particular the MSSI Director of Logistics, and logistics staff, to ensure that all logistics operations are handled in accordance with best practices. This includes providing direction and oversight of MSSI logistics and property management functions for hospitals and clinics, geographically disbursed throughout the country of Iraq.
The Deputy Director of Logistics will be responsible for supporting both the Corporate Director of Logistics and MSSI Director of Logistics in ensuring all logistics activities are implemented in a timely manner and will report activities as required. The Deputy Director of Logistics will also be responsible for ensuring all logistics activities are coordinated as indicated in the duties. The Deputy Director of Logistics will provide oversight and guidance to the MSSI Warehouse Manager Logistics staff, applicable expeditors, and Logistics staff at Corporate headquarters
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Evaluate processes, workflows and solutions and identifies areas for improvement in daily operations
• Captures usage data and forecasts consumption in accordance with scope of operations and projected program changes.
• Implements and maintains policies and procedures to ensure MSSI’s compliance with contractual requirements, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM)
• Responsible for continuous improvement in all aspects of material and property life cycle
• Responsible for the daily operations of the program in relation to supply and property management and serves as the liaison between Corporate and MSSI Logistics personnel and all functional areas under the program’s area of operation
• Drives standardization of logistics and property management functions program-wide in accordance with corporate policies and applicable laws and regulations
• Complies with all applicable CHS standards and guidelines
• Ensures the proper storage and timely shipping of all supplies and equipment to both international and domestic contract locations.
• Develops and manages a complex international shipping system that leverages national and international shipping vendors to distribute supplies and equipment throughout the program.
• Perform the duties of the MSSI Director of Logistics in their absence as needed, not as a routine backfill
• Supports the development and management of all policies related to material control and management of Government property
• Assists with the managing of day to day activities and prioritizing tasks.
• Operates personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software.
• Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve quality and outcomes, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two (2) years of progressively responsible management experience in logistic operations
• Familiarity with government contracting and International logistics
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Requires proficient working knowledge of common office software such as Word, Excel and other PC-based applications
• Experience in logistics management systems
• Have and maintain current certification in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
• Participate and complete required training to include HIPAA training
• Must have recent experience in the position that is being applied for, for at least 6 months out of the past year
• The ability to obtain or maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) security clearance
• The ability to travel/deploy to Iraq as needed to support logistics operations for MSSI program support
• Must have a US passport
• Must have a driver’s license
• Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
• Experience in military operations or previous military service as well as deployed experience in Iraq or Afghanistan
• Experience as a civilian contractor with the US Department of State
• Two (2) years of progressively responsible management experience in medical logistic operations
• May participate in interdepartmental project groups or task forces to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, contract awards, and new policy requirements.
• Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Encourages co-workers to work safely. Identifies “close calls” and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
• Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
• May serve on the OSHA VPP, Safety, and Wellness Committees.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office or warehouse work environment
• While deployed in Iraq, travel to may be required by surface or air.
• Must be confirmed by a medical examination to be “medically and dentally fit” prior to deployment to Iraq or other austere environments as required in accordance CHS Medical Readiness Guidelines and Policies and/or as dictated by the Client
• No conditions that would prevent the wear of personal protective equipment; including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor and chemical/biological protective garments or conditions that would prevent the capability of donning, lifting or carrying of up to 70 lbs. of referenced gear while running to a bunker or protected area in the face of perceived or imminent danger.
• In Iraq the climate is desert-like, hot, and prone to dust storms.
Please apply online