Company Apply Now
The general function of the program:
To facilitate community involvement for DYFS Resource Family youth, ages 8-17, while providing respite for their Resource parents.
The primary purpose of this position:
Support the provision of therapeutic interaction with consumer
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Participates in the coordination of service, provision or arrangement of services needed, personal advocacy and development
- Assists in activities of daily living, recreational and socialization activities as guided by individual service plan
- Provide crisis intervention and conflict resolution
- Records clear and comprehensive documentation
- Participates in training and professional development
- Facilitates open transaction/interaction with other care providers
- Acts as a positive role model
- Participates in weekend, and/or extra curricular program (i.e. community excursions accompaniment in crisis situations, adventure program)
- Perform any miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Accounts for clients activities
- Informs Respite/REFIL/Positive Encounters Coordinator should lack of contact with client exceed eight  hours
- Maintains established division policies & procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Guards the confidentiality of client information from both outside persons and Archway Programs employees whom do not require this information to perform their job functions.
- Provide culturally sensitive services that are based on knowledge of cultural diversity to accomplish quality client care.
- Customer Service: respect, flexibility, knowledge, confidence, professionalism, pleasant attitude, patience, and helpfulness. All responses should be timely, professional, caring, and respectful in accordance with Archway Programs standards.
- Cooperate fully with Archway Programs and Division of Youth and Family Services staff in any and all inspections and /or investigations.
Minimum educational requirements:
- associates degree or 64 credits towards BA
Minimum experience required:
- one year
Other knowledge, skills, and certifications required:
- Knowledge of the purpose, policies, standards and procedures involved in the care of individuals after a period of training.
- Knowledge of objectives and activities of the organization after a period of training.
- Ability to keep essential records and files.
- Ability to observe individuals’ aberrant behavior and record or report these observations.
- Ability to establish and maintain a supportive, anxiety-reducing relationship with individuals.
- Ability to communicate in an effective manner with individuals and individuals’ families.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in a manner which ensures that care given to individuals is in accord with the goals and objectives of the program.
- Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the organization.
- Appointees will be required to possess a valid driver’s license only as the operation of a vehicle, and not employee mobility, are necessary to perform the essential duties of the position
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
- Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
- Any and all other trainings/ in-services as assigned by Archway Programs
The number of employees supervised by this position:
The usual internal and external contacts:
- Internal – clients and staff
- External – families, community agencies, DDD, DYFS
The percent of time spent on physical activity while performing the job functions:
a) Sitting 33.3 %
b) Standing 33.3 %
c) Other – (moving, bending) 33.3 %
Total 100 %
The percent of time spent on physical effort while performing the job functions:
a) Lifting 33.3 %
b) Carrying 33.3 %
c) Pushing / Pulling 33.3 %
Total 100 %
The percent of time spent on sensory effort while performing the job functions:
a) Visual 25 %
b) Hearing 25 %
c) Speaking 25 %
d) Touching 25 %
Total 100 %
The percent of travel involved with the position:
Machines or equipment used:
( ) typewriter (*) telephone
(*) computer (*) photocopier
(*) fax (*) other – cellular phone
The working conditions (heat, cold, dust, fumes, etc.) that apply to this position are:
Typical office, community service and residential environment
Any safety conditions or hazards associated with this position:
Usual conditions associated with working in a SED child & youth
To learn about additional job opportunities, please go to:
Check out all of our programs on the web at www.archwayprograms.org