Building Supervisor / Ice Technician
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC), a six-time National Recreation and Parks Association Gold Medal Award Winner, is seeking a Building Supervisor/Ice Technician to work within Montgomery Parks at Cabin John Ice Rink in Rockville, MD. The Parks Department serves a diverse population of more than one million residents in Montgomery County, Maryland, and manages 421 parks on more than 37,000 acres of parkland. The Department has an annual operating budget of over $100 million, a six-year Capital Improvement Program of over $210 million, and a career staff of nearly 800 employees.
The primary duties of the Building Supervisor/Ice Technician include performing and overseeing routine maintenance on three ice surfaces (Olympic, NHL, and Studio rinks) and supervising the day-to-day maintenance and repairs of facilities, equipment, and grounds. Specific duties include managing and working with contractors to oversee the building maintenance (interior and exterior); operating and managing maintenance and repairs on ice equipment (i.e. ice edger, Zamboni, etc.); hiring, training, and supervising staff; managing building operations and monitoring building systems; budgeting and tracking expenditures for facility maintenance. The successful candidate will be expected to work extended hours, weekends, holidays and serve as manager on duty during various scheduled shifts.
1. Bachelor's degree or four years experience in one of the following fields: parks, recreation, education, business administration, physical education, communication, leisure services, or in area of required specialty; and
2. Two years of responsible professional experience working in a facility related to parks, recreation, education, business administration, health education, physical education, communication, leisure services, or area of required specialty; or
3. An equivalent combination of education and experience;
4. A valid driver's license or ability to acquire one; and
5. A valid operating license (e.g., county pool operator's, child care license) as appropriate.
Customer service oriented and basic computer skills desired.