Manufacturing Engineer - Injection Molding
Doherty Staffing Solutions
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Are you looking for a great Engineering career in the Powersports industry? Doherty Career Solutions is currently partnering with an exciting and growing company located in Huntsville, AL. We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer with a background in Injection Molding for great Career opportunity! Get more details below!
SUMMARY - Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered.
Manufacturing Engineer Main Responsibilities:
• Process optimization using scientific molding principles.
• BOM and Routing development and maintenance.
• Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instructions.
• Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up and work station layout.
• Anticipates cost avoidance opportunities and implements cost reduction opportunities.
• Hands-on process/tooling troubleshooting.
• Maintain AutoCAD layout of Injection Mold Department.
• Lead continuous improvement activities and productivity covering all process areas-cycle times, scrap, downtime, machine/tools and energy.
• Stabilize and optimize molding area performance and reduce mold change over time.
• Train and coach injection mold technicians and operators on the latest problem solving, set-up and processing techniques.
• Analyze process failures for root cause and recommend corrective actions.
• Process purchase requisitions and records as required.
• Reviews and evaluates cost pertaining to make vs. buy decisions and new product development.
• Recommend and justify capital equipment based on capacity analysis.
• Procure trim tooling fixtures and program robotic router.
• Work with design engineering on new project start-ups with a transition into production.
• Own the Mattec production management system / program and the Auto-RM process.
• Performing the above-mentioned functions with minimum supervision.
• Any other duties as assigned by supervision or management.
Manufacturing Engineer Key Requirements:
- • Possesses leadership abilities and advanced strategic planning skills.
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Office.
• Has strong project management, organizational and time management skills.
• B.S. in Engineering
• 3-5 years Injection Mold experience with plastics. #greatcareers
Your next job is just a click away…what are you waiting for? Apply now… Apply now by completing our online, mobile-friendly application. For questions or further information about the Manufacturing Engineer position, please call 952-562-1046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app