Plant Manager -Wind - Various locations
Avangrid Renewables has numerous Wind Plant Manager openings throughout the US. Please apply directly to this posting or send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and put this information in the Subject Line: Wind Plant Manager – for Site Name, City, State.
Manzana – Rosamond, CA
Shiloh – Birds Landing, CA
Top of Iowa – Kensett, IA
Dillon – North Palm Springs, CA
Cayuga Ridge – Odell, IL
New Harvest – Schleswing, IA
Barton Chapel – Jacksboro, TX
Baffing Bay – Sarita, TX
Penascal - Sarita, TX
The Wind Plant Manager manages day to day operations and maintenance of a utility scale wind power plant. This includes development and compliance with an operating budget, outage coordination and scheduling with the interconnect entity, scheduling coordinator and trading desk, oversight of operations and maintenance to ensure work is carried out using Prudent Utility Practices.
Ensures strict management and compliance of all company and project environmental, health and safety programs.
Responsible to ensure crew receives periodic safety training and conducts periodic safety assessments.
Negotiates and administers 3rd party contracts.
Manages implementation of capital improvement programs and retrofits.
Manage crews performing operations, maintenance and warranty activities of all wind plant equipment, ensures compliance with manufacturers' requirements.
Performs staffing activities, counseling, coaching, training and corrective actions of subordinate employees. Prepares annual budget and monthly profit and loss reporting.
Reviews and approves root cause analyses of major failures.
Prepares performance evaluations per company instructions and guidelines.
Ensures all relevant internal controls are followed and develops new controls as needed
- 5+ years industrial maintenance and/or operations leadership experience (energy industry preferred, but not required)
- Ability to climb 80+ meter steel towers 1-10 times per week or as needed. This would require adherence with weight and fitness requirements per safety gear limits and EHS guidelines.
- Unwavering commitment to supporting a safe, incident-free work environment
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Excellent relationship and communication skills with an emphasis on building community, fostering teams, establishing trust and building engagement.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, management and reporting systems, including the use of computerized diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Technical trade education or certification and/or industrial process plant experience preferred
- 5+ years directly managing employees preferred
- Prior plant operations and maintenance experience a strong plus
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems as it relates to the onsite SCADA, Substation, collection systems and meteorological towers
- Knowledge of heavy equipment required for facility maintenance with a working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements.
- Experience in high voltage maintenance and switching.
- Experience establishing and improving preventative maintenance programs.
- Experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
Additional Success Factors
- Demonstrated ability to make sound judgement and recommendations for action
- Ability to navigate and succeed in a highly matrixed reporting structure, preferably at an international company.
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing business environment with typically tight schedules and demanding targets.
- Ability to foster and participate in a productive team environment by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with subordinates, co-workers, managers, customers, contractors, and vendors.