Administrator - Plant, Wind Karankawa (REN 67304)
Mathis, Texas, United States
Wind Power Operation and Maintenance
Publication date: 15.02.2019
Company: Avangrid Renewables
Job Title: Wind Plant Administrator
Department: Wind Operations
Location: Mathis, TX
Business and Department
The Wind Plant Administrator will be primarily responsible for supporting the Field Operations Team, working with
the Plant Manager and Regional Director for Field Operations, maintaining records and administration of personnel
activities for a specific wind plant facility.
• Create reports and project statements which include but are not limited to owner cost responsibility, project
status, and adherence to contractual requirements.
• Provide desk-side IT support for site staff members and visiting Avangrid personnel. Setting up of MS
Windows profiles, email settings, printer access and desktop shortcuts for new and existing staff, as needed.
Interface with Helpdesk support on network and local server issues.
• Provide desk-side support to site staff for the Company's ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems such
as SAP financial and expense reporting, requisition and purchase order processing, time entry, maintenance and
materials management, online employee benefits, etc.
• Execute and administer spare parts inventory related responsibilities including organization of stockroom,
receiving, goods movements, cycle counts and the tracking and recording of serialized components.
• Daily work order processing in SAP, to include material consumption, goods movements, labor hours, and
other key measurements associated with each job/task. Work closely with the SAP Maintenance Planner to
administer planned maintenance cycles and serialized component movements.
• Purchasing and Receiving activities, such as generating requisitions, administering purchase orders,
receiving goods, purchasing tools and/or equipment, resolving vendor discrepancies, etc.
• Monitor weather conditions such as storm activity, extreme heat or cold and high winds which may impact
project operations activities or endanger the workforce.
• Analyze and interpret financial and operating data as requested.
• Periodic downloading of data files from project SCADA system.
• Answer telephone, taking appropriate message and or providing information to callers or individuals that visit
the project. Maintain and replenish office supplies; maintain all office equipment.
• Understand and track project expenses and prepare a monthly report for the plant manager in support of
their financial management of the project.
• Prepare detailed labor tracking, as required, for management.
• Plan and coordinate company functions and meetings. Schedule onsite training as required and participate in
regional and project staff meetings and record minutes as needed.
• Invoice processing and reconciliation, as required.
• Work closely with the Portland Office on various issues, such as warranty claims, payroll, vendors,
community outreach, etc.
• Other duties as directed and needed.
• Adhere to effective internal controls.
• HS Diploma/GED and minimum of 4 years' experience in a comparable administrative role; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) with the ability to set up MS Windows
profiles, email settings, printer access and desktop shortcuts, and the ability to interface with Helpdesk support on
network and local server issues. Demonstrated skills in typing and proofreading.
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to analyze and interpret financial data;
process and understand various accounting functionalities.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of the department and team.
• Prior experience of maintaining and adhering to inventory controls, working with SAP or equivalent ERP
system, and purchasing and receiving activities.
• Demonstrated hardware skills such as the ability to move electronic equipment within the office space,
knowledge of network access and computers, printers and peripherals.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam (only if
applicable to job requirements), background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the
U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be
working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor
Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle.
Avangrid Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an
individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law.
This opportunity will offer