Plant Technician I Renewables - Montague (REN 68550)
Arlington, Oregon, United States
Wind Power Operation and Maintenance
Publication date: 15.02.2019
Company: Avangrid Renewables
Job Title: Plant Technician I Renewables
Department: Wind Operations
Location: Arlington, OR
Business and Department
Avangrid Renewables is seeking to fill a Wind Plant Tech I or Wind Plant Tech II opening to support the Montague
site located in Arlington, OR. (The company will determine Tech level based on experience and education) This
position is responsible for the onsite operations, maintenance, repairs and replacement of equipment on a wind
powered generation plant, and leads in all areas of plant operations as directed by the Plant Manager.
This position is responsible for the onsite operation, maintenance, repair and replacement of equipment on
renewable energy generation plants, and is effective in all areas of plant operations as directed by the Plant
Manager or Supervisor.
• Operate and maintain wind turbine and solar equipment along with associated infrastructure including
substation, collection and transmission systems.
• Read schematics and proficiently troubleshoot complicated mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic problems
with variable pitch, variable speed control systems and components.
• Perform mechanical and electrical component repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions following
all manufacturers' requirements.
• Comply with all project environmental health and safety programs.
• Perform preventive maintenance in accordance with OEM maintenance manuals.
• Adhere to effective internal controls.
• Perform data collection and prepare reports to meet wind plant reporting requirements.
• Perform various retrofits and design modifications.
• Perform various QA/QC functions, compile and submit supporting documents of items found.
• If applicable, support Construction in the Mechanical and Commissioning walk-downs.
• Increase professional knowledge of turbine or solar equipment, including safety regulations.
• Willing to work overtime on holidays, weekends, and on short notice participating in an on-call schedule.
• Ability and willingness to travel to other sites on short notice.
• Perform duties around low, medium and high voltage.
• Ability to work in extremely adverse weather conditions.
• One year college or technical school certificate; or 12 months of related experience or wind industry training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiarity with maintenance and electronic testing equipment. (i.e. voltage testers, amp clamps,
oscilloscopes, megohmmeters, infrared testers, hydraulic torque equipment, alignment and various hand and power
• Advanced computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, management and
reporting systems, including the use of computerized diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
• Ability to climb towers up to 100 meters on a daily basis to perform maintenance in the nacelle and hub.
• Ability to frequently lift items weighing up to 60 pounds and occasionally lift items up to 100 pounds.
• Ability to work with electrical wires and differentiate between color coded wires.
• Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists.
• Knowledge of heavy equipment required for facility maintenance with a working knowledge of crane and
• Demonstrated team work, initiative and positive attitude.
• Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
• Weight must not exceed 285lbs excluding equipment/gear worn when performing job related tasks.
• Experience in power plant operations and maintenance.
• Experience in wind and solar plant construction, operation and maintenance; including, specific experience in
wind turbine and solar power converters and inverters.
• Experience in high voltage switching.
• Directly related experiences gained in fields that require a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
• Qualified candidates living in or near the greater local area.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam (only if
applicable to job requirements), background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the
U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be
working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor
Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle.
Avangrid Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an
individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law.
This opportunity will offer