Head of Legal & Compliance
Company Apply Now
NTT DATA is a leading IT service provider and global innovation partner headquartered in Tokyo, with business operations in over 40 countries. We help develop innovative business and IT solutions for organizations in the public and private sectors. NTT DATA Romania provides development assistance and expert advice to IT service providers, system integrators, software companies and customers across various industries.
It’s time to rethink what you expect from your employer
At NTT DATA Romania, we understand you're not just building a career – you're building a life. Our main asset is our people and we believe that our success depends on the opportunities you get to expand your talent. With 76.000 colleagues in 40 countries and counting many of the Fortune Global 100 among our clients, a career at NTT Data offers you countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. If you would like to be part of our stellar team, we invite you to apply online today.
The Corporate Legal & Compliance Department acts as a business partner to all other departments focusing mainly on commercial and corporate law matters in relation to all activities of NTT DATA Romania. ,
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Act as Head of Legal &Compliance being responsible for the on-going management of an efficient and effective legal team while assuming ownership and responsibility for these tasks.
- Provide support to the internal teams and to the leadership team in a variety of legal field, taking into consideration all applicable laws and regulations.
- Act as a key legal advisor providing commercial and strategic advice.
- Is tasked with the implementation of key legal processes that relate to legal drafting, negotiations, and commercial settlement agreements.
- Manage legal risk by providing execution and administration of contracts and other legal documentation required by all departments
- Manage litigation matters and determine strategy/tactics to ensure that cases/contracts are properly and appropriately prosecuted or defended to protect relevant rights and assets, driving demonstrable cost savings.
- Take a senior legal and commercial role in respect of other strategic initiatives, projects, and assignments and lead these projects as determined from time to time within NTT DATA EMEA.
- Play the role of the Head of the compliance team, acting in line with the internal rules and regulations regarding compliance.
Skills, know-how, and experience:
- Minimum 10 years of legal experience within a reputable Law firm and/or a large multinational company with minimum of 5 years focus on commercial contracts;
- Preferable to have also general knowledge and experience in Labor law, Corporate, Data protection
- Combines excellent technical legal knowledge with a keen commercial focus and practical judgment.
- Adept in combining compliance and risk management requirements with the delivery of an ambitious business transformation agenda.
- Demonstrates financial awareness, controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value.
- Focuses on customer satisfaction and delivers high-quality legal service to the stakeholders.
- A true team player, able to work with a variety of personalities and manage peers and stakeholders.
- Analytical thinking, attention to details, excellent communication skills;
- Exemplary organizational skills for prioritizing and handling multiple projects and tasks;
- Fluency in English including legal business English;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to undertake some travel.
Are you up for the challenge?
This is the opportunity to do something impactful and be part of a company that is revolutionizing the IT industry. And we couldn’t do it without someone like you. So what do you say, will you make the career move of a lifetime? If this sounds interesting, we look forward to receiving your application and meeting you soon!
Join NTT DATA Romania, grow your career and take advantage of our Home Office perks, sponsored certifications, premium Online Library, Relaxation Lounges, fantastic crew, and many other benefits!
Should you have any queries or require further information, we are happy to hear from you at email@example.com . Not the job for you? Perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link!