Powertrain Design Engineer | Polaris
Doherty Staffing Solutions
Wyoming, Minnesota, United States
Powertrain Design Engineer | Polaris
Doherty Career Solutions is currently partnering with a leading powersports company located in Wyoming, MN. We work one-on-one with great candidates to help connect them with local employment opportunities. Polaris is seeking a Powertrain Design Engineer. Responsible for leading the design process of Powertrain related components and systems from concept to production in order to achieve the product objectives within a specified time. Interested? Get more details below!
Recognized as the leader in the Powersports industry, Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles. Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Indian Motorcycle® and Slingshot™ brands.
To see all positions and learn more about working for Polaris through Doherty, visit https://www.doherty.jobs/polaris
Powertrain Design Engineer Main Responsibilities:
• Performs all design related activities related to component function with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, cost, and particularly manufacturability; handles level 1 programs with ease.
• Establishes a reasonable project development schedule from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements.
• Determines ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, and cost conformance.
• Creates and releases 3D models, detailed drawings (this is unique to PII and very different than other engineering companies) and performs analyses to support the above and supervise as well as participate in their release through the release cycle.
• Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems.
• Lead and participate in design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all stakeholder groups.
• Analyzes supplier/manufacturing, test and field problems and recommends possible solutions.
• Assists in the preparation of the monthly project status report.
• Participates in peer teams to share knowledge and expertise.
• Coordinate engineering efforts at supplier locations before, during and after a production launch to ensure specification accuracy and accountability and co-engineer powertrain components
• Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
• Coordinate work across multiple global cross functional product teams within (FEA, Supplier Quality) and outside (external design firms) of the Polaris organization.
• Supports run at rates (RARs) at supplier locations
Powertrain Design Engineer Key Requirements:
• Required-B.S.M.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or equivalent
• 3-6 years minimum related design experience in an O.E. Environment (title commensurate with experience); 2+ years minimum with an M.S. degree; title commensurate with competence
• Required-experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package, Pro-Engineer preferred
• Experience with one or more of the following Powertrain Design Categories: Engine Architecture, Power Cylinder, Cranktrain, Cylinder Head, Crankcases, Valvetrain, Intake and Exhaust Systems, Fuel Systems, Lubrication System, Starting and Charging Systems, Transmissions and Gears, Bolted Joint Analysis, Performance Development as related to engine design
• Creation of original specifications for system performance
• GD&T, FMEA, DVP&R (design, validation, plan and report) dimensional tolerance stack-ups
• Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience in engine design
• Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint #greatcareers
What are you waiting for? Join this energetic team today! Apply now by completing our online, mobile-friendly application. For questions or further information about the Powertrain Design Engineer position, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-832-3576.
Download our mobile app for iOS & Android | www.doherty.jobs/app