Manufacturing Process Engineer
Doherty Staffing Solutions
Wahpeton, North Dakota, United States
Do you have a passion for process improvement? Are you looking to join a company that treats you like family? Doherty Career Solutions is partnering with a local Wahpeton company to find a Process Engineer. The individual is to maintain constant surveillance over all production manufacturing processes for the purpose of making improvements that will reduce cost, improve quality, throughput and safety of the Operations work force. Individual is responsible for the design and fabrication of all production machinery and tooling necessary to improve and streamline manufacturing operations. Interested?
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Reviews manufacturing operations and maintains a current project schedule which reflects current machine design and improvement requirements;
2. Improving operations, incorporating new methods and processes; Formulates and recommends manufacturing processes and procedures, layout, and material handling methods;
3. Designs and coordinates the manufacture and shakedown of all production machines and machine elements for all process requirements for which satisfactory purchased equipment is not available. Oversees outside contractor job performance.
4. Provides engineering advice, compiles data and determines probable costs for process improvement projects; Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements, capacity potential and problem solving'
5. Reviews new designs during the development phase and prior to the issuance of production drawings. Recommends modifications where advisable to minimize cost and conform to production capabilities and limitations.
6. Determines methods for manufacture during design of new products. Recommends design modifications to permit manufacture by the most favorable method;
7. Accumulates information and prepares feasibility studies to justify the purchase of building all equipment required for new manufacturing methods;
8. Provides engineering service to the production, engineering, facilities and maintenance departments.
9. Perform any other duties as assigned or required.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE:
-B.S. Degree in relevant engineering field required.
-Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
To apply or ask any questions please reach out to our Doherty recruiter: Aubrey- firstname.lastname@example.org