Seeking Educational Instructor for Homestead FL 33039
Educational Instructor - (HOM-E2-02.19)
About Caliburn International, LLC: We are a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 7,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents.
About Comprehensive Health Services, LLC (CHS): CHS, a Caliburn Company, supports the health and well-being of civilian and military workforce partners. We are one of the nation’s largest and most experienced providers of medical management services to international customers, the U.S. Government, and commercial clients. Our medical management solutions are technology-driven and grounded in best practices. We are committed to protecting employee, company, and partner information and we comply with all government and industry standards.
Homestead, FL 33039 US (Primary)
4 Year Degree
The Education Instructor may be assigned to the Classroom for educational services or the Residential life for Dorm responsibilities in an on-site children’s residential facility. Responsible for the education and implementation of curriculum in the classroom and/or oversight of the assigned dorm population of minors during their stay at the facility as well as being in compliance with school administrative work in the UAC portal. They ensure contractual requirements and client expectations are met at the on-site residential facility. Reports to the Lead Teacher. All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard for which CHS is recognized.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall safety and security of children during school hours.
- Conduct an educational assessment of each UAC in order to determine the academic level of the child and any particular needs he or she may have.
- Adapt or modify local educational standards to develop curricula and assessments, in basic academic areas.
- Implements curriculum for each child according to the academic level and any particular needs he or she may have.
- Provides educational services based on the individual academic development, literacy level, and linguistic ability of each unaccompanied child.
- Interacts with children in an appropriate manner, including playing games or during recreational time.
- Provides remedial education and after school tutoring as needed.
- Maintains the UAC education case file and database in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Educational and Residential Life as assigned by your supervisor.
- Maintenance of the dorms such as organization, light cleaning, refiling water dispenser as well as displaying art work provided by the EDU department.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (Read, Write, Speak)
- Bachelor’s degree in education, Spanish or English, social work, psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science.
- 1 year of experience providing education to children/adolescents.
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products required.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Clean criminal background check.
- Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CA/N) or child protective services check
- 1-3 years of experience in a residential facility.
- Teacher certification in the state of employment.
- Performs duties in a safe manner.
- Take initiative to make improvement and alert management of any identified concerns in the school area as well as on the administrative setting.
- Follows the corporate safety policy.
- Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Able to withstand changing environmental conditions with weather (rain, heat, lightning, and winds)
- Able to withstand and manipulate through construction areas, sports fields, etc.
- Ability to stand; particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Able to receive and understand detailed information through oral communication.
- Please apply online