IT Strategy Partner
Company Apply Now
The Information Technology Strategy Partner (ITSP) has the overall responsibility to serve as the interface with the functional Centers Of Excellence (COEs) and Program Sectors for the purpose of supporting business requirements and projects.
Key activities include identifying stakeholders, eliciting requirements, defining constraints, building concept documents, documenting use cases/scenarios, resolving concept/ requirements conflicts, preparing effective requirements’ artifacts, and maintaining traceability. The solution agnostic Concept of Operation and top level requirements artifacts, e.g. Project Support Requests (PSR), focus on what it needed, not how it will be accomplished. The PSR takes the Business’ perspective and summarizes the needs, goals, and characteristics of the user community. The Requirements artifacts define functional boundaries, performance objectives, architectural constraints, and non-functional (e.g. availability, supportability, security, and training) expectations.
Communicate with positive impact by delivering clear messages and presenting with impact using quality visual aids. ITSP aids the Business representatives in Preparation of information for review and approval consideration by the Business Process Team and Enterprise Process Board.
Reviews proposals for finance ROI, as well as contractual, legal and compliance requirements
Is accountable for, and ensures effective management of, enterprise process initiatives
- Project Plan cost and schedule
- Technical concept
- Resource plan
- Change management
- Risk management
- Corrective action plans reviewed for red and yellow programs
ITSP helps the Business representative develops and presents recommendations and an overall path forward to the Business Process Team (BPT) and Enterprise Process Board (EPB).
The ITSP is responsible for coordinating with the Business Process Team members to drive solution delivery, service management, risk management and requirements management across the Business. The ITSP serves as the business relationship link between COEs and IT. S/he communicates decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding AR requests and projects and initiatives. S/he proactively shares knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of AR. S/he partners with business leaders and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and prioritize IT Business Requests and projects based on predefined criteria (e.g. return on investment, productivity, compliance, legal and contractual requirements).
The ITSP proactively serves as a “trusted advisor,” and is the primary IT point of contact for business line executives and managers. S/he operates as the key business contact representing the business function’s strategic and tactical requirements. The ITSP provides support in delivering technology products that meet the needs of the Business. S/He is proactive and anticipatory in their thinking. S/he is driven to provide significant value to business units. They serve a lead role in enabling the Business to achieve objectives through the effective use of technology.
The ITSP has the broad responsibility to prioritize the company’s investment in building capabilities to support and enable business and technology strategies, ensure the expected economic return on these investments, and monitor the effectiveness and efﬁciency of the delivery of the capability-building initiatives.
- Accountable for assignments as directed by Customer and Program Requirements Leadership
- Monitors the pace and effectiveness of change throughout the company and identifies priorities within IT and the business organizations as necessary to increase the likelihood of success
- Provides the strategic and tactical direction and priorities for the enterprise
- Stays abreast of key developments in the industry and among competitors and uses this knowledge to direct and inﬂuence the investment decisions made
- Develops solution PSR, concepts (Concept of Operation) and business cases for new investments.
- Ensures business requirements and systems requirements are cohesive and executable
- Performs business analysis and prepares recommendations and business plans as needed.
- Acts as the key liaison across all COEs. Maintains customers’ trust, educates customers, and takes action to meet customers’ needs and concerns. Recognizes customer service issues and collaboratively develops win-win solutions to deliver IT value to the Business.
- Maintains awareness of IT outsource Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) execution after projects are approved and owns the Organizational Change Management process to ensure Business awareness and partnership
- Possesses a broad knowledge of most technical and business resources and deploys them to coordinate effectively with team members and external resources.
- Develops and maintains an intimate knowledge of the organizational functions, capabilities, and business plans of AR. Demonstrates an enterprise perspective, engages organizational partners, and leverages knowledge networks to align systems and processes.
- Create consensus with COEs as to the timing of solution introductions and withdrawals. Identify actions and sequence them to establish direction and support smooth transitions.
- Oversee the launch of solutions and help to maximize the positive impact on the organization, including coordination of functional responsibilities such as User Acceptance Testing.
- Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that the Business has the solutions they need, when they need them, to achieve their defined cost savings, legal, contractual or compliance requirements.
- Collaborate with the IT Outsource Governance function, and Service Management Office, on the intake process and prioritization of candidate projects across the company
- The ITSP ensures focus on day-to-day IT support as well as new project requirements. S/he supports IT strategy of providing service to the business that is affordable, secure and compliant.
- Accountable for the business function satisfaction with the IT services provided
As delegated by Customer and Program Requirements Leadership
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or Master’s Degree or 10 to 15 years of business/industry work experience with a broad range of exposure to various business segments and technical environments. At least 3 years of experience with managing team(s) responsible for strategic planning, project portfolios, business development or client management.
Competence demonstrated in working with a broad range of diverse and complicated business functions and/or units. Candidate must possess strong business acumen at the strategic level versus tactical. Possess a working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), and Manufacturing Execution Systems.
The ITSP works with senior level management, business units, and corporate staff executives to develop the business strategy that is integrated across all COEs. S/He must have a strong understanding of each COE to include their business drivers for success.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Operational execution excellence
- Strong organizational skills
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
- Nimble LEAN and ARBOS thinking to drive change that enables efficiencies and drives growth
- Systems Engineering process experience
- Advanced Microsoft Project Plan skills
- Familiarity with Oracle e-Business Suite (eBS-Maestro) ERP and Business Intelligence (OBIEE)
- Familiarity with PTC Windchill and/or Siemens Team Center PLM
- Familiarity with Dassault Delmia MES
- Team and collaboration orientation
- Problem solving
- Performance Driven
- Learning orientation
- Public speaking
- Effective written/verbal communication skills
- Assist the Business in preparing for the Business Process Team and Enterprise Process Board reviews
- Ability to secure a government clearance at SECRET level
- Moderate travel may be required