CNC Mill and Lathe Machinist 2nd
Company Apply Now
General Description of Job: CNC Setup Machinist and CNC Production Supervisor over machine shop. Program, setup, and operate CNC Mill, CNC Lathe and other machine tools. Plans and oversees machine production. Apply knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, and machining procedures to produce quality precision.
Duties, Tasks, Responsibilities:
- Review drawings and specifications of a particular product and plan the production process, including where and how to cut the work piece, the correct tools and materials for the job and the sequence of steps to follow in production of the product.
- Problem solve and make decisions on ways to decrease cycle times and efficiency of setups.
- Perform the machining operations, watch for problems in the production process, and check the accuracy of the finished piece against drawings using calibrated measuring tools.
- Stay current on machining technology by learning new techniques and learn how to operate new machines.
- Work as a team in the machine shop with tooling, inspection and other production and assembly departments.
- Safely run and maintain machines as needed.
- Assist in machine maintenance and repair.
- Inspect for quality in all aspects of different jobs.
- Other duties as needed where skills match (assembly, maintenance, tooling).
- Help machine operators with problem solving, adjustments, and setups.
- Coordinate production jobs for efficiency.
- Setup and troubleshoot machine operation.
Requirements/skills needed for job: Setup and operation ability of CNC Mills and Lathes, Programming and trouble-shooting experience. Detail-oriented, knowledge of shop math, machining, computers, communication, quality, safety, and team/independent working. The willingness to take on new skills and constantly trying to improve skills and abilities; positive attitude, people skills, organizational and communication skills, time-management and supervisory experience or equivalent.
We offer excellent compensation with benefits to include medical, dental, 401(k) plan and much more! Please visit our website at www.wauseonmachine.com for information on our company. You may respond by faxing (419-337-0112), emailing your resume to the link provided or mail your resume to
Attention: Crystal Escalera
Wauseon Machine & Mfg., Inc.
995 Enterprise Ave.
Wauseon, OH 43567