General Truck Service Manager (Ability to be based out of Wichita, Kansas City, or Topeka)
The General Truck Service Manager will effectively develop and manage truck service operations in a manner that promotes Customer Satisfaction, Market Dominance and Profitability while focusing on Safety, Quality and Efficiency. Effectively build customer relationships and foster exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Manage the day-to-day departmental expectations with service coordinators, shop managers, and field managers to promote maximum asset utilization and to ensure smooth and timely repair progression.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoice processing, parts orders, Service Letter completions, quotes, and customer follow-up.
- Coach and manage employees to ensure accurate time posting, quality work progression, timely appraisal completion, growth and satisfaction.
- Manage warranty and goodwill decisions.
- Ensure repair estimates and turn times are effectively executed.
- Assist in managing customer commitments.
- Communicate and follow up with customers to identify their needs and ways that Foley Equipment can support those needs.
- Maintain customer satisfaction scores at or above company standards.
- Manage and maintain effective working relationships across the organization.
- Conduct regular one-on-one metrics reviews with managers to ensure comprehension of metrics and develop improvement plans if needed.
- Work with all levels of management to make and communicate critical decisions consistently with leadership, integrity, quality, urgency and teamwork.
- Develop and manage departmental budget to ensure goals and financials are met.
- Manage and generate capital expenditure requests.
- Complete all necessary documentation and follow up as required in a timely, orderly manner.
- Work with internal customers in a supportive and productive way in support of the goals of the company and not just the individual department.
- Ensure complete and timely performance appraisals on all employees.
- Maintain shop, tools, and equipment to promote a clean and safe environment.
Our Ideal Candidate
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication and customer service experience
- Able to solve practical problems and offer innovative solutions to unique problems
- Able to manage time wisely and productively
- Ability to positively motivate, empower, manage, and develop employees
What will put you ahead:
- Industry experience
- College degree desirable
- Previous management of people in a related field is preferred
Who We Are
Foley Industries and its subsidiaries Foley Equipment, Foley Power Solutions, Foley Rental and SITECH Central have proudly served and represented Caterpillar for nearly 80 years. Committed to customer success across Kansas and Western Missouri, Foley strives every day to deliver excellence across the full range of equipment and power generation sales, rental, service, and technology solutions. With 1,000 employees in 15 cities, we are dedicated to being Your First Choice. For more information, please visit www.FoleyEq.com.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with matching
- Full insurance benefits
- Holiday, PTO, Parental leave
- Family owned company where you’re more than just another employee
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity