Dispatcher, Water Distribution - 3111
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Performs complex and routine administrative and clerical work such as data processing and bookkeeping, in addition to general radio communications within the City of Lawton and the Water Distribution Division.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Regularly maintains complaint and dispatch logs.
- Regularly dispatches field units to locations for water routine and emergency repairs.
- Regularly enters data into Water Distribution database from the complaint logs; daily logs; field crews’ and pump station mechanic’s worksheets; and locates received from the Okie One-Call System.
- Regularly communicates and facilitates to flow of information within the division relating to routine work, complaints and emergencies.
- Regularly gives notification of water discontinuance in water mains, and fireplugs in and out of service to proper authorities.
- Frequently coordinates and locates with utility companies and the Okie One-Call System, relaying information regarding damaged water mains, service lines, valves or fire hydrants.
- Frequently dispatches emergency, short notice and/or priority line locate requests to line locator.
- Frequently assists division supervisors with administrative tasks.
- Occasionally assists in the preparation of requisitions and general clerical duties including data collection for reports.
- Rarely coordinates meter tap inspections and installation of large meters with Revenue Services.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Graduation from an accredited high school, vocational school, or possession of a GED equivalency certificate.
- Knowledge and experience with radio transmission procedures.
- Knowledge of names and locations of streets; ability to read maps.
- Knowledge of materials and procedures used in the construction, maintenance and repair of the water distribution system.
- Skill in the operation of the following equipment: two way radio; phone; personal computer including word processing, data base, spreadsheet, and other software; the City’s computer network; copy and fax machines; 10-key calculator.
- Skill in the operation of the following tools and equipment: personal computer, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, inventory, scheduling, and other software; the City’s mainframe and computer network; two-way radio; phone; copy and fax machines; and 10-key calculator.
- Possession of a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS ON THE POSITION:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly: Required sit, speak, hear, see (shape/size/distance/motion/color) use hands to finger, handle or operate office equipment and reach with hands and arms. Work is performed inside, out of the weather in a normally quiet environment.
Frequently: Required to write/type, interact with the general public and division/ department employees in the dissemination of information, instructions and directions.
Occasionally: Required to walk, stoop, kneel, bend, turn, twist, lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds.
Rarely: Required to work in outside weather conditions.
ESSENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee normally works in an office environment that is normally quiet and climate controlled.
NOTICE: This document is a temporary management guide tool and is subject to change. The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Option 1: Online - Adobe PDF
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader Installed on your device to submit the application online. Download or complete the attached application.
- If you submit your application via email and you DO NOT receive a confirmation message within forty-eight (48) hours, please call (580) 581-3392 to verify we received your application.
Option 2: By Mail
Return all completed application material to :
Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
Application material must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on the closing date (postmark alone is insufficient). The closing date is listed on the job announcement or the application material.
Option 3: In Person
The Human Resources Department is located on the 2nd Floor inside City Hall.
Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501