Structural Steel Fitter/ Iron Worker
Company Apply Now
APPLICANTS MUST MEET SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS BELOW
Structural fitters read and interpret blueprints and determine how to build items to design.
Cut and Shape Metal
Structural fitters use torches and tools to cut and shape metal pieces. They measure all metal pieces to ensure they conform to needed specifications, often grinding and shaving metal to ensure it meets specific measurements.
Structural fitters install and align metal parts by hand and by using various tools.
Structural fitters lift metal pieces into place using hoists and cranes.
Structural fitters weld metal pieces together using proper tools and safety equipment.
Structural fitters design molds to create metal parts to specifications.
Structural Fitter Skills and Qualifications
Structural fitters use their hands as well as various tools and equipment to create metal pieces to order and erect structures based on blueprints. Employers seek structural fitters who have all the following skills:
- Measuring– structural fitters use measuring skills to take accurate, precise measurements of materials and to follow schematics and blueprints
- Mathematics– structural fitters use math skills to translate blueprints into physical metal pieces that can be used to build structures
- Attention to detail– structural fitters use attention to detail to follow precise plans and assemble structures as designed
- Mechanical ability– structural fitters use mechanical skills to work with various tools and equipment
- Analytical thinking– structural fitters use analytical skills to interpret blueprints and construct structures as designed on paper
- Communication skills– structural fitters work in a collaborative team environment that requires good verbal communication skills
Tools of the Trade
Structural fitters work regularly with the following tools and equipment:
- Hand tools (levels, plumb bobs)
- Power tools (grinders, jacks)
- Welding tools (torches, aprons, face masks)
- Measuring tools (measuring tapes, rulers, squares)
- Lifting tools (hoists, cranes, cables)
Rockstar Personnel, LLC. is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $19.00 /hour