Lutsen Resort on Lake Superior is seeking a full-time, year-round Housekeeping Manager. The primary responsibility is to manage the day-to-day work load in a timely and efficient manner with oversight from the Rooms Director.
Lutsen Resort is Minnesota's oldest resort nestled in a private cove on the beautiful North Shore of Lake Superior. We offer our guests historic charm and a classic resort experience along with modern comforts. Having been in operation for over 130 years, we are proud to be family-owned and operated.
- Training of housekeeping staff to ensure Lutsen Resort standards are being met
- Provide work assignments through scheduling, meetings, delegation and direct assignments
- Maintain appropriate “par” inventory of all housekeeping, laundry, and unit supplies
- Maintain standard operating procedures for the department, including performance standards (work quality), productivity (work quantity), work methods, safety procedures, and staffing schedules of the department
- Track and bill out all replacement items from units
- Verify units to ensure Lutsen Resort standards are being met
- Provide leadership, motivation, and guidance to all housekeepers to maintain positive employee morale
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and possess strong work ethic
- Ability to direct, lead and work efficiently with a team while under deadlines
- Effective employee-relation skills and the ability to diffuse stress and tension during busy times
- Ability to effectively prioritize, balance work levels and delegate tasks
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and bend during the entire scheduled shift except for required breaks
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Three years of experience related to housekeeping strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Paid vacation
- Health care
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Resort discounts
- Complimentary resort activities
- Free daily lunch
Come and join our friendly and professional team!
Temporary employee housing may be available.
Email Daleri Brown, Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or apply online at http://www.lutsenresort.com/careers/apply/