MDS Nurse Coordinator (RN/LPN)
Company Apply Now
Fulltime MDS Coordinator (RN or LPN eligible.)
Nursing Home/Rehab Center – Braintree, MA
This premiere Skilled Nursing Facility is looking to add a Fulltime MDS (RN or LPN) Coordinator to its team.
(One plus years of MDS experience needed.) Looking for 3+ years experience ideally.
Current MDS Certification preferred.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Facilitates Weekly Skilled Medicare Meetings and provides clear communication in regard to skilled coverage criteria
- Coordinates and collaborates the delivery of skilled services with Rehabilitation Program Manager and Skilled Nurses on daily basis
- Completes Resident Interviews with the Interdisciplinary team and PPS MDS assessments within regulatory time frames including CAA’s.
- Drives the development of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan and updates as indicated with each subsequent MDS Assessment
- Maintains a current PPS schedule while setting all PPS MDS ARDs within the prescribed time frames in facility MDS software program
- Transmits MDS to CMS and follows up to validate any errors or messages revealed on final validation reports
- Maintains Medicare Physician Certification and Recertification Forms
- Monitors Daily Skilled Documentation for all skilled residents
- Provides education and in-services to facility staff on focused areas as determined by chart audits
- Drives end of month Triple Check with validation in the accuracy of therapy minutes, RUG Levels, ICD-10 codes and number of days for billing purposes in final month end close
- Participates with Admissions in regards to skilled coverage criteria and facility return MLOA
- Participates and reviews invoices as indicated for skilled patients under Consolidated Billing
Key Educational/Professional Requirements·
RN/LPN Current License in MA
MDS Nurse with extensive experience in Medicare, PPS, Managed Care, Insurance and Case Management.
Equal Opportunity Employer