Program Coordinator of Managers and Curriculum
Company Apply Now
The general function of the department:
Work with public school districts by providing an enriching, quality school-age child care program in the school facility.
The primary purpose of this position:
- Oversight of District Managers to ensure quality of services and staffing coverage.
- Responsible for implementation of age appropriate curriculum within programs through researching curriculum; distributing curriculum, literature, and supplies; and providing support and instruction.
- Responsible for program supplies and all requisitions for department.
- Trains staff annually on curriculum development, health and safety and other program areas.
- Problem solves and promotes quality program management to ensure child safety.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Make decisions in absence of Director related to school personnel concerns, district manager activities, and program management.
- Conduct random site reviews of programs for problem solving and program quality monitoring.
- Authorize implementation of discipline policy in regard to individual client cases.
- Conduct individual and group training of district managers regarding operations including scheduling, site audits, etc.
- Communication with and provide daily support to/ monitoring of district managers through phone contact twice per day including problem solving, parent concerns, staffing, personnel issues, maintenance of their schedules, and problems with the office.
- Purchase activity and office supplies for programs.
- Oversee inventory and distribution of supplies to providers.
- Obtain input into supplies purchased to keep up with trends and interests of children.
- Implement start up and close out procedures of all programs including supplies and keys.
- Research, create and distribute monthly provider curriculum packets including parent information, additions to curriculum, games, and program information.
- Oversee any special programs, grants, partnerships, or activities related to curriculum in the programs.
- Monitor submission and completion of weekly manager tracking forms, program monitoring forms, and CCFP forms.
- Oversee library of resources and information for curriculum development.
- Substitute for District Managers in their role with providers in programs or at pick up.
- Input, record, track and ensure processing of all requisitions for Just Kids including maintaining files.
- Ensure the total expenditure for supplies remains in budget.
- Assist providers as needed in problem solving, curriculum ideas, etc. as needed.
- Participate in monthly provider meetings, weekly manager and as needed operation meetings.
- Conduct training as needed regarding to both district managers and childcare providers.
- Report all pertinent information from providers and District Managers to the Director in a timely fashion.
- Monitor appropriateness of curriculum and monthly calendars for each site.
- Be available from 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM via phone for emergencies. Be available after hours to program staff by cell phone in absence of Director.
- Uphold Archway Programs Code of Ethics policy.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Minimum educational requirements:
- high school diploma or GED required
Minimum experience required:
- 3 or more years
Other knowledge, skills, and certifications required:
Communication skills, computer skills (Excel, Word, and graphics), experience with school aged childcare curriculum building and implementation, supervisory skills.
To learn about additional job opportunities, please go to:
Check out all of our programs on the web at www.archwayprograms.org