Residential Aide / Substitute Aide Group Home - Williamstown
Company Apply Now
The general function of the department:
To service developmentally disabled adults in a 24-hour residential setting.
The primary purpose of this position:
Assists, supervises, and trains group home residents in daily activities and assists in maintaining the household and the consumers’ personal belongings.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Maintains established division policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards
- Guards the confidentiality of client information from both outside persons and Archway Programs’ employees that do not require this information to perform their job duties
- Provides culturally sensitive services that are based on knowledge of cultural diversity to accomplish quality client care
- Customer Service: respect, flexibility, knowledge, confidence, professionalism, pleasant attitude, patience and helpfulness. All responses should be timely, professional, caring and respectful in accordance with Archway Programs’ standards
- Ability to lift consumers as part of daily activities/emergencies
- Cooperates fully with Archway Programs, Department of Human Services and Division of Developmental Disabilities representatives in any and all inspections and/ or investigations
Examples of work:
- Assists consumers in daily household tasks and activities of daily living
- Trains consumers in the skill areas designated in Individual Habilitation Plans and records monthly progress
- Lifting of consumers from/to bed, wheelchair, bathtub, van etc.
- Performs household maintenance tasks as assigned
- Provides feedback to group home manager regarding consumers’ progress and status
- Attends mandatory staff meetings
- Attends all staff in-service training and other training programs as required
- Performs any and all other assigned duties
Minimum educational requirements:
- high school diploma or GED required
- bachelor’s degree - preferred
Minimum experience required:
- one year- residential setting preferred
- other - working with developmentally disabled or elderly preferred.
Other knowledge, skills, and certifications required:
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record
- CPR, FA, must complete DDD Pre Service training within 90 days of hire.
The number of employees supervised by this position:
The usual internal and external contacts:
- Internal - all group home staff, assistant and group home manager, program director
- External - doctors, other human service agencies, parents, community in general
The percent of time spent on physical activity while performing the job functions:
a) Sitting 35%
b) Standing 35%
c) Other (i.e. - bending) 30%
The percent of time spent on physical effort while performing the job functions:
a) Lifting 30%
b) Carrying 30%
c) Pushing / pulling 30%
d) Other (i.e. - reaching) 10%
The percent of time spent on sensory effort while performing the job functions:
a) Visual 25%
b) Hearing 25%
c) Speaking 25%
d) Other (i.e. - touching) 25%
The percent of travel involved with the position:
Varies - Employees help consumers with every aspect of daily living. Travel may include doctor’s appointments, shopping, workshops, occasional trips, etc.
Machines or equipment used:
(*) typewriter (*) telephone
(*) computer (*) photocopier
(*) fax (*) other - Normal household equipment/appliances
The working conditions (heat, cold, dust, fumes, etc.) that apply to this position are:
Normal house environment
Any safety conditions or hazards associated with this position:
Normal household hazards, consumers may at times become verbally or physically abusive, driving hazards.
Employees, based on the individual consumer’s IHP, are responsible for assisting consumers in walking, wheelchair handling and bathing.
To learn about additional job opportunities, please go to:
Check out all of our programs on the web at www.archwayprograms.org
Email addresses where applications will be sent