Engineering Manager - PNG
Papua New Guinea (PNG) is known to be one of the most culturally diverse and rural countries in the world. Only 18 per cent of people live in urban centres and the rest live in very remote areas with limited access to transport due to the tough terrain.
We are seeking an experienced, detail-orientated Engineering Manager to join our growing PNG team. You will play a key role in planning, managing and monitoring the engineering function. Tasks will include managing our local engineering facilities, equipment, stores, and engineering staff. You will ensure that maintenance activities are performed in accordance with organisational and regulatory procedures and that engineering staff are trained and prepared to meet local programme engineering needs.
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Aircraft Engineer with at least 5 years experience, supervisory / management experience and an awareness of regional CASA regulations and advisory material.
- Ensuring that all locally performed maintenance is performed as requested and to an acceptable standard
- Scheduling aircraft and component maintenance
- Ensuring new engineers are inducted to the system properly
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment
- Ensuring compliance with organisational and regulatory requirements
- Make recommendations for the amendment of MAF Maintenance Organisation Manuals and supporting procedures
- Ensuring that the locally performed maintenance is in accordance with the regulatory standards
Please click on link for full job profile : Engineering Manager PNG
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- PNG CASA Licences or equivalent to be converted at appointment
- At least five years aircraft maintenance experience
- At least two years supervisory aircraft engineering experience
- Understanding of human factors as it relates to aircraft maintenance
There is an occupational requirement for overseas staff to be committed Christians, sent and supported by their home Church, and able to support and promote the Christian ethos and beliefs of MAF as a mission organisation through taking part in Christian activities such as Church events, prayer meetings etc. All roles (unless otherwise specified) require some personal support raising to be carried out under the guidance and training of MAF UK.