Mach. Operator: Grinder/Drill Press
Job Title: Machine Operator
Department: Tube Fab, Machine Shop, Grinding, Sheet Metal
Reports To: Manufacturing Supervisor
Sets up and operates machines to perform simultaneously or in sequence machining operations such as drilling, reaming, countersinking, spot facing, and tapping of holes in metal work pieces by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. include the following.
- Reads blueprint or shop packet for product specifications/requirements such as hole locations/ dimensions, and references to tooling such as drilling jigs, holding fixtures, additional work instructions etc.
- Performs any required set-up activity such as:
*mount cutting tools
*adjusts stops or locators
- Positions and secures specified jig and moves controls and positions to align tools with guide bushings in jig.
- Verifies conformance of machined work to specifications at predefined quality intervals and documents activity on shop packet routers. Refer to Fabrication Inspection Procedures.
- Verifies conformance of set-up, initiates disposition of set-up pieces, and disposes of scrap where appropriate.
- Must be flexible and willing to learn other jobs in the area.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- And/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Quality and Production goals set by department must be consistently followed
- 5S Program must be followed (This is keeping area neat and clean by following the 5S program)
- Must be willing and available to work overtime and Saturdays as scheduled.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate and perform required documentation.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Ferno is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.