Retail Wine Department Associate
Company Apply Now
Our Wine Associates are highly regarded in the industry with extensive knowledge and brand awareness. Hazel’s is an extremely high-volume store, and we take pride in the exceptional service we provide to our customers.
As part of the Wine Department, the Wine Associate is responsible assisting customers in wine selections and recommendations as well as general stocking, inventory management and merchandising.
Bonus points if you have passed tests like the IWG, WSET, CMS or SWE, but not required.
- Minimum of one year of professional wine experience (sales, wine captain, retail, experienced sommelier, or equivalent wine education)
- Self-motivated and strong time management skills
- Excellent customer service, customer after customer.
- Ability to regularly lift and carry 40+ pounds.
- Ability to climb, stoop and kneel repeatedly.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays (we are a liquor store after all).
- At least 21 years of age.
- $15-$17.50/hr to start commensurate with experience
- Twice yearly reviews with performance based increases
- 401k with employer matching up to 4% of compensation
- Two weeks paid time off
- Health insurance (Hazel’s pays two thirds of premium)
- Optional dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance (Hazel’s pays full premium)
- Free Eco-Pass (RTD transit pass) and B-cycle Membership
- Employee discount