Maintenance Technician, Medicine Park WTP - 3151
Provides a variety of skilled and technical work in the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of all electrical and mechanical equipment associated with the Wastewater Treatment Plant and its related facilities. This position involves routine maintenance, inspection and repair of equipment, machinery and related apparatus, at the treatment plant, pump stations and reservoirs. The employee makes inspections of equipment to determine both operating and mechanical condition.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Regularly test, maintain and repair pumps, valves, compressors, chemical feeders, chlorinators, clarifier units, generators, heating and air conditioning units; transmitting, testing and recording instruments; pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems. This position includes carpentry, masonry, welding, and plumbing.
- Regularly perform difficult electrical and mechanical diagnosis and repair work including complete overhaul, when required.
- Regularly use preventative maintenance system for monitoring plant condition.
- Frequently keep grounds clean at the treatment plant and its related facilities.
- Frequently clean and repair clarifiers, basins, tanks and all related equipment.
- Frequently operate various kinds of equipment such as Backhoe, Tractor with Brush hog, Semi-trucks, and Refer-truck.
- Frequently operate and maintain water/wastewater pumping facilities and lines for the conveyance of water/wastewater.
- Occasionally required to operate the treatment plant including belt presses to ensure proper mechanical performance. Employee is responsible for ensuring that the treatment plant meets all federal and state compliance requirements.
- Occasionally is assigned other duties by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED equivalency.
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible skilled maintenance or construction work, experience in repair, maintenance and operation of electric motors, controls and mechanical equipment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical motors and controls, and proper methods of repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the operating principals of pumps, control systems and other equipment related to water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Knowledge of the functions and mechanics of water and wastewater controlling, filtering, purifying, and related systems.
- Knowledge of the safe practices and procedures for handling and using all laboratory reagents and chemicals associated with a wastewater treatment plant.
- Ability to make inspections to determine operating conditions and needed repairs of equipment, and to make such repairs expediently so as to cause minimum disturbance to operating schedules.
- Possession of a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
- Possession of or the ability to obtain Class “D” Wastewater certification from the Department of Environmental Quality within one year of date of employment.
This position is primarily assigned to the Medicine Park Water Treatment Plant.
This position is a “safety sensitive” position as defined by the US DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations, the Oklahoma Standards for Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Act and/or Oklahoma Medical Marijuana laws. Some “safety sensitive” positions may be subject to periodic random drug testing. For specific “safety sensitive” positions that may be randomly tested, refer to City of Lawton Administrative Policy 3-02: Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana.
The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
HOW TO APPLY ?
Online - Adobe PDF
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader installed on your device to submit the application online. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you may download the application, complete the application in its entirety and email to email@example.com. The City of Lawton does not accept handwritten or hard copies of applications, they must be submitted online.
Application: 3151 Maintenance Technician, MPWTP.pdf