Company Apply Now
Municipal Emergency Services (MES), a multi-million-dollar company providing, breathing air products, personal protective equipment, and a variety of life-saving equipment and services to hundreds of thousands of first responders including Fire Departments, EMS and Law Enforcement.
This Sales training position is unique in that our goal is to train this individual to eventually become a successful Sales Representative through a designed training process that will include Customer Service, warehouse, product and outside sales training. The desired candidate may need to relocate to a different territory long term. Preferred experience:
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous sales representative experience
- Has a strong interest in selling fire/first responder equipment
- Fire Service or First Responder experience or background
- College degree preferred
This Sales Trainee will work cooperatively with Outside Sales reps, vendors and members of the distribution team to grow existing customers, create new customers, and provide administrative support that assists branch in meeting or exceeding monthly sales quotas while increasing customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes and returns
• Confirm the accuracy of invoices, bills and charges relative to the shipment of goods
• Provide information regarding availability of in-stock items
• Obtain and monitor information related to shipment and expected delivery dates
• Monitor shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed
• Answer phones and assist customers/vendors with questions within scope of duties.
• Address AR issues, resolve problem invoice issues, and process routine invoicing
• Manage time efficiently and effectively.
• Maintain good relationships with other members of the distribution team
• Follow company policies and procedures
• Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
• Light warehouse duties
• Very friendly and welcoming demeanor
• Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
• Superior organization skills; attention to detail and accuracy a MUST
• Problem solving and analytical ability
• Demonstrate integrity and ethical standards
• Able to handle difficult customers/vendors with diplomacy and tact
• Manage time effectively and adapt quickly to changing priorities
• Deliver superior customer service
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Able to perform basic business math (profit margin, etc.)
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must possess a high school diploma
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
MES/LAWMEN/WARREN FIRE IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER