DOT Safety Coordinator in Kansas City, MO
At Foley Equipment, the DOT Safety Coordinator is responsible for training, monitoring, and maintaining compliance with DOT requirements. The DOT Safety Coordinator will develop and maintain close relationships with EHS Advisors and branch management to assist Foley in achieving its commitment to Environment, Health & Safety.
- Available on standby for calls regarding hours of service related issues
- Investigate Hours of Service infractions/violations
- Addressing safety non-conformance and violations/incidents with the drivers & their managers
- Complete annual government reporting/fees
- Investigate and assign unassigned truck moves
- Manage Electronic Logging Device (ELD) System as the Administrator
- Maintain and file DOT records such as DQ Files (file/purge according to regulation)
- Coach management teams on correct DOT processes
- Scan, upload, and file document to outside approved vendors
- Track/file DOT Roadside Stop Inspection activities and documents ,accident reporting activities
- Monitor DOT medical card expiration, authorize and schedule recertification as necessary
- Work with third party administrator to ensure Foley Equipment FMCSA, PHMSA and Foley
- Rental FMCSA random drug and alcohol testing completed. Authorize and schedule as necessary
- Track and report incomplete monthly inspections to managers and supervisors
Our Ideal Candidate
- 2+ years of DOT safety/compliance experience mandatory
- Ability to write and prepare DOT related materials, reports, correspondence, etc.
- Knowledge of FMCSA Hours of Service Regulations and State and Federal DOT rules and regulations
- Effective communication and positive customer service
- Able to manage time wisely and productively.
- Ability to be proactive and strategic, as well as tactical.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn to effectively use company software – with training
What will put you ahead:
- Bachelor’s degree in safety compliance or related field
Who We Are
Foley Industries and its subsidiaries Foley Equipment, Foley Power Solutions, Foley Rental and SITECH Central have proudly served and represented Caterpillar for nearly 80 years. Committed to customer success across Kansas and Western Missouri, Foley strives every day to deliver excellence across the full range of equipment and power generation sales, rental, service, and technology solutions. With 1,000 employees in 15 cities, we are dedicated to being Your First Choice. For more information, please visit www.FoleyEq.com.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with matching
- Full insurance benefits
- Holiday, vacation and wellness days
- Family owned company where you’re more than just another employee
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity