Company Apply Now
Rona in Waterdown is seeking to hire a Department Manager. (Reference Number: ST-19-55330-7208)
The Department Manager acts as a Company representative to the team under their responsibility. They motivate, lead, guide, and train employees under their supervision. They play an active role in the achievement of store and Company objectives, in process improvement, and in problem solving. They also make sure that all customers benefit from exceptional customer service and can shop in a pleasant and safe environment.
Your responsibilities as a leader:
• Supervise work according to set priorities and the Company’s requirements
• Resolve any issue that may arise while ensuring customer satisfaction
• Carry out merchandising duties according to the Store Manager’s directions
• Implement and supervise the replenishment process
• Manage promotional activities according to sales
• Meet suppliers during store visits
• Determine work schedule while complying with the established labour budget and ensuring that customer needs are met
• Assist in recruiting staff for the department under their responsibility
• Coach, encourage, and motivate employees • Assist employees regarding work performance on an ongoing basis and apply corrective measures if required
• Participate in the performance assessment process and employee training, and follow up as necessary
• Follow the store’s policies and procedures on loss prevention and health and safety in the workplace
Requirements- The qualifications we are looking for: You find sales and customer service motivating? You are passionate about team management and development, and you can exercise good judgment when setting priorities? Then you have what it takes to be part of our team! Previous experience will be considered an asset.