Maintenance Supervisor - 3185
To provide supervision activities at the Wastewater Treatment Plant in relations to maintenance and instrumentation. Monitors workflow, reviews and corrects work, and directs work at the job site.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Regularly plan, implement and administer a predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance program.
- Regularly schedule and assign appropriate resources to accomplish repairs, installation or modification of new and existing equipment.
- Regularly perform tests and determine correct preventative maintenance and repair procedures for high voltage electric systems.
- Regularly check and monitor boiler systems equipped with electronic controls for necessary maintenance.
- Regularly supervise and participate in the repair and replacement of specialized equipment.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Frequently perform maintenance on wastewater equipment including pumps, bar screens, and belt presses.
- Frequently train mechanics in the performance of specialized repairs.
- Frequently operates heavy equipment such as backhoes.
- Occasionally author SOPs for start-up, shutdown, and lubrication of all plant equipment.
- Occasionally diagnose problems of electronic remote control systems.
- Occasionally maintains auxiliary power system through manual switching.
- Rarely assist in preparing cost estimates for new projects and for annual budget.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED equivalent supplemented by additional technical training in the area of plant maintenance.
- Four (4) years’ experience in the field of wastewater treatment or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the technical requirements of regulatory agencies relative to the maintenance and modification of a wastewater plant.
- Knowledge of the materials, methods, techniques, tools, and equipment used in an industrial environment including plumbing and mechanics at a journeyman level.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards involved and safety precautions necessary for the safe conduct of electromechanical work and equipment operation.
- Knowledge of PLC troubleshooting techniques, interfacing, software programming and hardware setup.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, shop drawings and technical specifications for maintenance repairs of plant equipment.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Possession of or the ability to obtain a Class “C” Wastewater Certification as issued by Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality within one year of date of hire.
Tools and Equipment:
- Industrial mechanic’s tools including testing and calibration equipment common to electrician.
For a more detailed Job Description, visit the City of Lawton Careers Page for this listing at
This position is a “safety sensitive” position as defined by the US DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations, the Oklahoma Standards for Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Act and/or Oklahoma Medical Marijuana laws. Some “safety sensitive” positions may be subject to periodic random drug testing. For specific “safety sensitive” positions that may be randomly tested, refer to City of Lawton Administrative Policy 3-02: Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana.
The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Online Only via Email - Adobe PDF
Note: You need to have the latest version of Adobe Reader Installed on your device to complete the application.
- Once you complete the application, make sure you SAVE the application to your computer before you email it to email@example.com.
- If you do not SAVE the application first it will be delivered as a blank form.
- We are only accepting digital applications at this time.