Event Coordinator/Banquet Captain
Company Apply Now
Lutsen Resort on Lake Superior is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a full-time, year-round Event Coordinator/Banquet Captain position. In this position, you will split your time between the two roles, which would be perfect for a candidate who enjoys planning events as well as working them. Read the full job description here.
In the Event Coordinator role, you will be responsible for the planning and managing events of varying sizes including weddings, family reunions, and corporate retreats. In the role of Banquet Captain, you will direct servers and bussers and delegate duties to accomplish the set-up, service, and break down of group functions and events that are being managed by the other event coordinators on your team.
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Strong customer service skills with positive attitude and friendly personality
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with strong time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are a must
- Ideal candidate has previous experience working with groups and event planning
- Bachelor’s degree in Tourism Management or Hospitality or similarly related field of study preferred
- Two years of serving experience in a banquet or fine dining setting strongly preferred
- Previous supervisory experience a plus
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds and be able to stand, walk, stoop and bend during the entire shift
Benefits: Paid vacation | Health care | 401K | Dental benefits | Life insurance | Flexible spending account (FSA) | Long-term disability insurance | Short-term disability insurance | Accident insurance | Resort discounts | Complimentary resort activities | Free daily lunch
Founded in 1885 by Swedish immigrant Charles Axel Nelson, Lutsen Resort is Minnesota’s oldest resort. Having been in operation for over 130 years, we are proud to be family-owned and operated. Come join our friendly team!
Email Daleri Brown, Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Cover letter and resume are required to be considered for position.