Buyer with English
This is taking a global approach.
This is world moving.
As the world’s leading manufacturer of both planes and trains, we have built an extensive and diverse portfolio of winning mobility solutions. Everywhere people travel by land and in the air, a Bombardier product is ready to transport them. From category-defining business, jets and commercial aircraft designed for the challenges of today, to sleek high-speed trains and public transit that is smarter than ever.
To be at the forefront of mobility means we are relying on the best specialists and strategists on the market, to get the job done. With offices and sites across the world, our Global Procurement Center (GPC) is located in Cluj-Napoca, where locally we are impacting the whole business. Our services and products are spread across different commodities like: Indirect Goods and Services (IGS), Product Related (PR) and Business Intelligence.
You’ll be part of the company that has delivered legendary products such as: the ICE train in Germany, Aventra platform in UK, TRAXX locomotive in Germany, Flexity tram in Austria and is now investing into e-mobility technology and sustainable mobility. If your mind is set to the future and your strategic skills are your best asset, join our Buyer teams in Cluj.
For our Global Procurement Center based in Cluj-Napoca we are looking for a:
Buyer with English
Manages the Procurement end-to-end process in a complex manner with a significant impact in managing critical orders, ensuring the production needs, having strong relationship with both local and external stakeholders and by these assuring the delivery of our products to our customers and business profitability.
We’re counting on you to:
- Create of Purchase Orders and Schedule Agreements
- Align with the suppliers on the orders for ensuring best price and needed delivery term
- Price/Contract alignments with Commodity Management/Suppliers. (Offer for PO, Extension of Contracts, Escalation of topics (e.g. Critical Components)
- Ensuring Order Acknowledgments; ensuring On Time Delivery
- Maintain a strong relationship with the stakeholders (Commodity Management, Regional Management, site of production and suppliers)
- Ensure the blocked invoices and Critical payments are being solved when needed
- Weekly reporting on KPI’s including actions and mitigations
- Contract/Alignments with Suppliers in case of differences (Confirmation/Deliveries). Alignments via phone/e-mail in case of differences between Confirmation and PO. Escalation to Commodity Management in cases of disagreements
- Develop professionalism by learning business practices in Procurement
- Develop working knowledge on processes and tools
- Develop ownership skills because of the impact of the role
- Sharing best practices with peers from other production sites across the German region
- Manage various tools which give a technical complexity
- Resolve issues related to Purchase Orders (1st level of escalation)
- Business, Economics Degree or similar
- Work experience in Procurement and Project(s).
- Negotiation/Influencing skills, Analytical skills, Process-oriented mind-set, Technical abilities, Very Good Communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
Why work for us?
The Global Procurement Center in Cluj-Napoca offers an outstanding professional environment with career development opportunities you would expect of a market leading international organization. We are located in the center of the city and we offer an open, friendly working environment.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, submit your application by visiting our Career Site or Facebook page:
Your ideas move people!