Company Apply Now
Are you great with paying attention to detail? Our office is currently seeking a temporary, full-time shipping and receiving clerk for approximately 6-8 weeks. This position includes processing and manufacturing products in assigned areas to maintain appropriate inventory levels and service back orders in a timely manner as determined by operation requirements. May provide technical training and "hands on" support to others in assigned area when a sufficient level of expertise is attained. This candidate exhibits a friendly and helpful manner and is able to work well with others in a team environment. The hours are 8:45 am to 5:15 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Ability to stand and lift up to 50 lbs
- Track and maintain raw materials as necessary to facilitate their respective process.
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) within their assigned area.
- Maintain records and databases as required in their respective process, including Statistical Product Control (SPC) or other quality records. Has a basic understanding of the data in order to recognize problems.
- Maintain equipment within assigned area, including making basic repairs or performing equipment installation as directed.
- Review product requirements and determine basic performance to quality standards.
- Understand and follow safe handling procedures for all chemicals and equipment and consult the safety officer, reference books, or MSDS when safety is in question. Adhere to Restek's safety codes and regulations.
- Attend and participate in departmental /team meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Skills:
- Minimum of high school diploma/GED
- Prefer 2 years specialized training in a science-related technology or relevant experience
- Ability to perform basic level job responsibilities, including problem solving using basic math and scientific rules
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and basic ERP system
- Ability to understand basic business concepts and technical details
- Knowledge of all EHS requirements for products housed in area
- Ability to understand and follow basic oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate both oral and written instruction to other functions in the manufacturing area
- Ability to provide basic system and process training
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume (must be in .doc, .docx or .pdf format).