Manufacturing Engineer Automotive Stamping
Company Apply Now
- Responsible for applying engineering principles and analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products.
- Investigate and solve problems related to tooling, equipment, and processes.
- Advise/assist vendors with design problems with tooling, gauges and equipment designed for use in manufacturing.
- Determine the machines, equipment, tools and the sequence of operations necessary to perform production and assembly operations.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements and workflow, designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Develop, recommend, and implement changes which will result in the improvement of manufacturing processes and or product quality.
- Assist the Process Line Manager in the development of capital and expense budgets.
- Evaluate new product and make recommendations relative to manufacturing feasibility.
- Train department personnel in safety, setup, operations and troubleshooting of existing and new equipment.
- Estimate production rates, setup and tooling cost for inquiry and new part setup.
- May specialize in a skill set such as Stamping Dies and Automated Presses
Education and Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year accredited college or university in a related engineering field with 1-2 years’ experience; or 3-5 years relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Stamping Dies and Automated Presses required
- Process improvement experience in relation to speed and rate
- Experience with XY automation
- Soft tooling or fixture experience
- Auto CAD experience and an understanding of PLCs
- Permanent work authorization in the U.S. required (NO sponsorship or Visa transfer is available for this position)