- Rate: $15.65 USD per hour
Lewisville, ID 83414, USA
The primary responsibilities of the Operator Helper position will include but not be limited to the following: dumping, packing, stacking, and basic equipment operation under the Operator’s direction.
The Operator Helper position will require the ability to perform the following work: dump, pack, and stack, place cartons and bags into master cases, and prepare cases to be taped, coded, and sent to the palletizing area. This position is to function at a high level of performance in all three positions. They must work closely with other operator helpers. Clear communication with the operator is essential to ensure there are no errors in product that is dumped to the packaging line, proper pallet patterns are followed, and pallets are correctly coded. Also required will be the ability to use the company’s inventory management system (M3) and be certified to operate a forklift.
- Adhere to Idahoan Good Manufacturing Practice (GMPs).
- Comply with all safety regulations, attend safety meetings, and follow all plant and safety rules.
- Able to be trained in the Lockout and Tagout program to be an Authorized person.
- Able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with efficiency and accuracy while working independently and professionally.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively and efficiently.
- Assist the operator in clearing equipment jams and starting/stopping the line.
- Able to relieve the operator for breaks by keeping the line running.
- May be called upon to help with a respective Packaging position under special circumstances.
- Must follow directions from the Operators and Packaging Leads.
- Must be able to keep up with the speed of the machines, correlating at least two to four pouches to be placed in cartons or cases. Conditions require using both hands to insert product pouches into cartons.
- Ensure the proper code is being printed on the package, carton, pallet, or case.
- Place cartons and bags into master cases and prepare cases to be taped, coded, and sent to palletizing area.
- Understand proper pallet patterns and coding of pallets.
- Prepare totes for dumping to the holding hoppers and remove bar codes for delivery to the Operator so the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system can be maintained.
- Visually inspect product pouches, cartons, codes, and cases to ensure quality.
- Inspect the product hoppers and product in totes making sure the product is of high quality before dumping to the packaging line. Notify the Operator and/or Lead of any abnormalities with the system or products.
- Must be familiar with package coding procedures and have the ability to learn and understand Quality Assurance (QA) guidelines.
- Acceptable attendance is a crucial part of this job, and all incumbents must adhere to the company’s attendance policy.
- Assist in sanitation activities during area cleanup and willing to work extra hours for cleanups and startups.
- Able to scrub equipment when needed with scrub pads, brushes, etc. Must be able to disassemble equipment for cleaning and reassemble when finished.
- Maintain cleanliness in work area(s). May be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when working with cleaning chemicals and sanitizers.
- Alert and notify the Operator of any upset conditions.
- Responsible for cross-training new employees.
Alignment with Core Values of the Company
- Respect & Value Our People
- Stay in Front of Change While Reducing Costs
- Delight our Customers
- Food Quality & Safety
Qualifications/Required Skills for the Position:
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous experience working around packaging equipment preferred.
- Forklift certification may be required.
- Company training will be provided in all areas relating to this position.
- Exhibits effective oral communication skills to communicate with supervisor and co-workers.
- Works well with others and communicates in a positive manner.
- Reads, comprehends, and performs the cleaning instructions for each piece of equipment as required.
- Accurately record and complete paperwork.
- Position requires performing heavy lifting up to 50.
- Must be physically active and able to work around hot temperatures, noise, and/or dust.
- Able to stand on concrete floors and/or walk for extended periods and follows safety precautions.
- Position may require repetitive motion: hand, arm, and shoulder movement.
- Able to work under pressure with time limitations.
- Utilizes cleaning chemicals and sanitizers safely.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- This position requires self-confidence and maturity to make decisions and to solve problems with minimal direction.
- Good decision-making skills with the ability to think ahead.
- Team player, flexible, and accepts changing assignments and accountabilities.
- Follows all safety precautions while working independently and professionally.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Must be able to wear proper PPE while performing job duties. Could be required to use any of the following PPE: wet suit, rubber boots & gloves, safety goggles, dust mask, and/or respirator.