Associate Maintenance Technician
- Rate: $20.25 USD per hour
Lewisville, ID 83431, USA
The primary responsibility of the Associate Maintenance Technician position is to work as a mechanic with duties pertaining to the installation, troubleshooting, and repairing of plant equipment, with little or no supervision. This position should be capable of doing basic maintenance tasks and have a fundamental understanding of process equipment in the food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrates ability to manage scheduled work list while supporting plant needs and utilizing time effectively. When assigned, will work with outside contractors to ensure and inspect work quality meets company standards.
- Completes routine paperwork as required.
- Familiar with both cutting torch applications (oxy-acetylene and plasma) as well as one of the following welding fundamentals (stick, MIG, TIG).
- Diagnoses equipment failures and make necessary repairs while minimizing production down time.
- Start/stop all equipment and understand safety control measures for each.
- Understand where to find equipment documentation if needed (SOPs, dwgs, etc).
- Adjust proper tensioning and alignments on belt drive systems.
- Cut, lace, and track conveyor belt systems.
- Check and fill gear boxes with proper oil weight, and differentiate between over and under filled and how to identify both cases.
- Basic understanding of troubleshooting pumps, gear boxes, and motors as required.
- Basic understanding of proper pipe machining, basic pipe fitting, and plumbing techniques.
- Safely use hand and power tools in shop (drill press, band saw, grinder, sanders, etc).
- Properly replace bearings, align electric motor couplings, align and adjust sprockets and chains.
- Identify proper applications for bearings, belts, sprockets, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to work from drawings, sketches, and verbal instructions for hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical systems.
- Follow and promote all safety programs and requirements (Hot work policy, confined space, fall protection, proper rigging requirements, lockout/tag out, and all safety programs utilized by Idahoan Foods).
- Follow and promote all good manufacturing practices (GMPs) as defined by the Idahoan Foods company policy.
- Understand basic applications of electrical and controls safety requirements within the maintenance department.
- Willing to answer and respond to on call plant needs and to coordinate resources as needed to address emergency down time scenarios.
- Follow, and enforce, all company Food Safety and Food Quality programs, policies and practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
Alignment with Core Values of the Company
- Respect & Value Our People
- Stay in Front of Change While Reducing Costs
- Delight our Customers
- Food Quality & Safety
Qualifications/Required Skills of the Position:
Education and/or Experience:
- This position requires two years of trade school and/or a minimum 1 year experience in maintenance.
- Complete and maintain Idahoan Foods forklift, CPR, and First Aid certifications.
- Refer to skills matrix for the Associate Maintenance Technician requirements. Mechanic must be signed off on all requirements for this position in order to progress to the next pay grade.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, telephone skills, and thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- This position requires quantitative skills and knowledge of math functions such as percentages, decimals, and the ability to chart numerical data appropriately.
- This position requires a high degree of self-confidence and maturity to make decisions required in day-to-day activities. Must be able to solve problems with minimal direction, be detailed oriented and have strong organizational skills. A team player who is flexible, and accepts changing assignments and accountabilities. Should display excellent interpersonal skills.
- Essential computer skills using Windows applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and E-mail.
- Also utilize the computerized maintenance management software (M3) to generate work orders for issues found on the work floor or get assigned work from Supervisor.
- This position requires the ability to perform various physical activities such as heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.) standing on concrete floors for extended periods of time, moving parts and loud noise. Must be able to work with sanitizers and cleaning chemicals. Must be able to work various shifts as assigned by Supervisor. Cleans job site and tools. Stores tools and equipment in designated places in an orderly manner. Works on ladders, scaffolds, and forklift cages and in pits using proper safety precautions. Wears personal protective equipment as needed for assigned tasks. Must be able to work various shifts as assigned by Supervisor.