Scope/Purpose of the Position
Insure that all loans that close are funded within Company, Investor and RESPA/TILA standards. Verifies that all applicable data within the Encompass/Encompass Docs/IDS system is accurate and balanced. Acts as liaison between Closing Agent, Borrower, Builder, Realtor, and CCHL to verify loan has closed.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner by providing an exceptional level of customer service, supporting the mission statement, and adhering to our core values in all functions of their job responsibilities and interaction with internal and external customers. Must be able to work efficiently in a fast pace environment.
- Responsible for maintaining communication between closer and settlement agency.
- Reviews and clears funding conditions and uploads to the accurate LOS E-Folder.
- Audits funding documents returned from settlement agencies for completeness and accuracy.
- Completes “funded” date in LOS.
- Responsible for registering MERS on MERS appropriate loans.
- Must have a basic knowledge of RESPA//HPML tolerances.
- Assists the Closing Agents with any questions or problems that may arise.
- Reviews legal documents prior to sending to insure accuracy and verify system populated data is accurate
- Coordinates loan funding (wires or checks, as applicable) in a timely fashion. Verifies with processor that funds have been ordered.
- Prior to funding authorization, coordinates receipt and verifies Closing Disclosure matches with LOS.
- Responsible for assisting the post closing and/or quality control department in obtaining any missing documentation needed in order to render a loan saleable into the secondary market.
- Reports to work daily on a timely basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate typing skills (60 wpm).
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Intermediate level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Ability to close five to seven loans per day and maximum of ten to eleven loans per day.
- Ability to read paper documents, read from and key text into a personal computer with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to read and write in English at a level necessary to understand pipeline reports.
Minimum Qualifications or Training
- High school graduate or equivalent training.
- Three years of mortgage closing and/or post closing experience required.