Responsible for, but not limited to, the underwriting of residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and secondary market investor standards. A Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness while working with loan officers and loan processors to secure all required documents. Maintain proficient customer service levels between branch personnel and processors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner by providing an exceptional level of customer service.
- Responds to the underwriting help desk as required.
- Responsible for meeting per day requirements as outlined in BrandMortgage's outlined workflow.
- Responds to FHA Quality Control reports: outlining exceptions questioning approval of loans. Responds to Investor post- closing issues when necessary.
- Reviews preliminary application, RESPA/TILA, program requirements and credit package for loan eligibility.
- Reviews FHA exception requests.
Job Requirements for Essential/Primary Job Functions:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and judgment skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of FHA, VA and conventional financing and investor guidelines.
- Must show strong capacity to address credit related issues and points of risk to ensure that underwriting meets quality assurance standards.
- Thorough understanding of credit and an ability to review complex financial documents.
- Ability to assess an individual's credit worthiness while adhering to all regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment, while practicing sound lending judgment.
- Proficient with computers and strong typing skills.
- Ability to review and analyze electronic documentation.
- High school diploma or equivalent training.
- FHA and VA underwriting experience.
- Direct Endorsement certificate required.
- 5- 7 year's experience as an Underwriter.
- Secondary Market product knowledge.