This is an entry level trainee position whose primary responsibility will be to clean, sanitize and maintain the office, break room, and external areas of the facility. Also, may include reordering cleaning materials and preparing laundry for pickup and delivery.
- Maintains a clean and welcoming environment in offices, break rooms, restrooms, entryways, parking lots, and all other areas as needed within the facility.
- Identify and report any pest control issues that they encounter.
- Complete cleaning and sanitizing of interior and exterior facilities including the smoke area.
- Remove and transport cans for recycling.
- Clean and maintain Personal Protective Equipment.
- Assist in cleaning and sanitation of other departments as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
Alignment with Core Values of the Company
- Respect & Value Our People
- Stay in Front of Change While Reducing Costs
- Delight our Customers
- Food Quality & Safety
Qualifications/Required Skills for the Position:
Education and/or Experience: Previous experience working around processing equipment or janitorial experience preferred.
Language Skills: Exhibits effective oral communication skills when communicating with supervisor and co-workers. Works well with others and communicates in a positive manner. Reads, comprehends, and performs the QA cleaning instructions on each line as required.
Work Environment: Shows an ability to perform heavy lifting up to 40 lbs. Able to stand on concrete floors for extended periods and follows safety precautions. Utilizes cleaning chemicals and sanitizers safely. Physically able to climb stairs repetitively and carry loads up stairs when required. Able to work different shifts.
Reasoning Ability: Possesses self-confidence and maturity to make decisions and to solve problems with minimal direction.
Interpersonal Skills: Team player, flexible and accepts changing assignments and accountabilities.
Safety: Follows all safety precautions while working independently and professionally. Keeps work area clean.